Are things getting better????

leannesxb

Reaction score
Don't wanna jinx things ladies but since yesterday we have seen a dramatic difference in my little man since he has started his new meds. He has always struggled to take any more than 4oz bottles, yesterday he had bottles of 5 ozs and today is draining 6 oz bottles every 3 hours!!!!!!! He is demanding them himself so I am letting him. Do you think this ok?? He is sleeping in the day and a little better at night and the only crying we have had is cos he is hungry and eating his hands or he has trapped wind which unfortunately he still has quite bad. But I can live with that knowing he is getting better. We had him weighed today and even with all his problems this week he has put on 8ozs and is now 7lb 9ozs. I dread to think what he will be next week now he won't stop eating!! lol. Yesterday I managed 9 hours sleep over the day (I just slept when he did lol) and boy did I feel good. Thanks so much for your support during this time ladies. Long may it last. xxxxx

Awwww glad things seem to be getting better xxxx

That's great news! So pleased for you!

Last edited:
Omg hun 9 hours? You must feel brand new!

So glad his feeding is increasing and he's demanding more, it's a very good sign that he's happier! Just continue to sleep when he does, sod the housework, the OH and Dylan can help you out with that when they can.

I really hope you've cracked it this time. No-one can ever say you haven't tried! Well done chick :hug: xxxxxxxxx

Really pleased he is a bit better xxx

Omg hun 9 hours? You must feel brand new!

So glad his feeding is increasing and he's demanding more, it's a very good sign that he's happier! Just continue to sleep when he does, sod the housework, the OH and Dylan can help you out with that when they can.

I really hope you've cracked it this time. No-one can ever say you haven't tried! Well done chick :hug: xxxxxxxxx

Understatement of the century! lol. Although I have to say I still feel like I have at least 5 weeks worth to catch up on. Things are defo looking up am even looking ointo taking places (baby massage, sensory room and swimming!) wouldn't have considered it up to now. lol. xxx

Brilliant news on aj!!!! If he's demanding food give him it :-D so pleased for you hunny xxx

Wow amazing , well done hun, hope it continues for u. Glad u got some sleep too. Makes u feel a whole lot better after a few hours sleep. Xx

I wouldnt worry about what how much he is eating. Charley is going through the food demanding stage at the minute. You know when he is hungry as his fist goes in his mouth. I was worried that I was over feeding him as he has been draining 240ml bottles then having further 90ml bottles about 1/2 hour later but when healthe visitor came on Wednesday she said feed when he wants and you will find if they are sleeping more through the night then baby is trying to cram feeds in through the day.

Charley was weighed on wednesday (last weigh was 2 weeks ago) and he has gained 2lbs. Looks like he is going to take after his dad and be tall plus have big feet.

Glad things are getting better for you

How was last night hun?

He fed at 12 (5ozs) then slept till 3:30 then had another 4 ozs settled at 4:30 and slept till 7:30!!!!!! Getting there! lol. He has been making progress today too. We went to Asda baby event and he slept all round Asda and on the bus home till 12:30pm. Ate then took ages to settle cos of trapped wind so I decided to swaddle (never tried before cos he would always flip out if you tried) and put him in the buggy at 1:30pm Walked round the block and he fell asleep after a bit of tears and is currently still there. He has opened his eyes a few times and stirred but I have just left him and he seems to just drift back off. I have managed to get in a load of washing, put another out, put the first load away and change the beds!!!!!! lol.

Now if I could get over the whole thing of waking up even when Daddy decides to do a night feed that would be great. Why can't I just relax and let him do it???? lol

That's just amazing! Hopefully you can start to enjoy each other now :hug: xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back