Are these contractions?

Ebony_Mommy

Reaction score
On thursday i stupidly pushed 1/2 flat packed wardrobe up the stairs. i took it out of the box but after that i had to lay on the floor. i wasnt in pain but iws just so tired i cudnt move. i laid down for about an hour.

the next day (fri) i woke up with this terrible pain in my tummy. it felt as if i had slept on my tummy and now it felt sore... but i didnt

the whole day friday i was in minor pain.. more-so discomfort.

i phoned labour ward, midwife told me i probably pulled a muscle so warm bath and paracetamol will do the trick. i had neither. i just had a shower.

yesterday (sat) i was in pain again but i would now describe it as period pain/stretching pain. it feels as if im on my period but also as if my tummy is stretching. if i breathe out really strong.. my tummy hurts.. or if i sit straight/upright it hurts.

i slept on my side and on my back last nite. wen i woke up to change position.. i felt like the baby was sliding down the other side and i was in so much pain...

if i change position in bed i now have to do it slowly.

all through my pregnancy ive been bragging that i havent had any discomfort at all :oops:

is it all just starting now as im nearer the end.. or is it more serious?

im really paranoid as my original due date was nov 20th. and the box that i pushed up the stairs

ta. xxx

**sorry for the essay** :lol:

You are probably suffering from the result of carrying the wardrobe up the stairs hun. Us pregnant women thnk we can do it but it's not wise :hug: Take some paracetoml's to ease the pain and soak in the tub, I would definately reccomend this for all aches and pains later in pregnancy.
Are the pains like tightenings in the tummy on and off off, or are they just a constant pain accross? Hope it eases off soon babe.

I think its because of the wardrobe also, but it may also be normal pregnancy related pains at the same time, ive been getting alot of period type aches and pains which is normal around this stage.

If your still worried tho hun talk to your midwife im sure she will check you over :hug:

It sounds normal to me, you've been lucky to get away with it for so long. No more moving furniture, i know its hard to ask for help but you have to start now. When i was having Aimee i remember blowing up a pack of baloons, i know it sounds stupid but i was in pain for about 3 days after cos i'd pulled my stomach muscles.

You need to relax and take it easy Ebony!!!! Not long to go now till you can rush about again :lol:

Im the same, sometimes I forget im preggers and do a wee bit too much and then I suffer lol

If the pain is like period pain and its all over, sounds like its probably ligamental, I had this in hozzy last week and they said thats what it was :hug:

Hope you feel better soon, I order you to slow down!!

thanx girlies.... i think it was just stretching pains as theyve eased up loads.. plus shes moving again like mad :dance:

its just that i asked my uncle to put it up for me.. and he ignored my calls 6 times.. then i fone him on private number and he answered.. so i wanted to show him that i didnt need him..

yeah i know.. my pride will get me no where :lol:

but its up now.. a friend put it up ... my room looks so babyfied now lol

:cheer:

:hug: Glad your feeling yourself again and bubba is on the move, look after yourself and don't let pride get in the way your pregnant and getting to the last leg now, just relax! :hug:

Glad ur feeling better honey sounds like u pulled a muscle. Possibly braxton hicks if they are on and off pains.
Baths are tops for aches and pains!
:hug:

Be more careful honey, you may be a strong woman but as my husband keeps reminding me we can't ignore the fact that we are a delicate home for a growing baby at the moment and that we need to keep all our strength for nourishing our little ones and keeping them safe till they are ready to make an appearance.

I made the mistake of trying to push a solid oak wardrobe in our bedroom so I could paint behind it - had really bad back pains for a week after that and felt really guilty that I could have hurt the little one.

Not long to go now then you can get back to your independant strong self.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back