Are sleeping bags supposed to be so tight round the throat?

proudmother

Reaction score
Bought my little one her first Grobag the other day size 0 - 6 months.

She's 4 months and when we tried it on the neck on the sleeping bag was TIGHT round her throat.

So we exchanged it for 6-18 months and there didn't seem to be an awful lot of difference - lucky to get 2 fingers in the space.

Are they sposed to be this tight? Just scares the hell out of me as they're not elasticate either and have visions of her choking :shock:

Went and bought another sleeping bag from Woolies and the neck on that is massive! So big it's dead easy to go under it!

nothing is supposed to be tight around the throat :shock: unless you're being hung

budge said:
nothing is supposed to be tight around the throat :shock: unless you're being hung

Hi budge :wink: :wink:

No, definitely not tight around the neck hun!

Is it a front zip or a side zip? If it's front zip perhaps you could just loosen it??

To be honest I can't understand why it's so tight, I've never experienced this before......

Jake's isn't tight around his neck. Is it a proper grobag? Can you post a picture?

Never noticed that on either of my two either and they were both in grobags :?

One of Isaac's grobags from Littlewoods is tight around the neck, it's made worse by the fact that he wriggles a LOT and so when hes worn it I only fastened one of the poppers at one side of his neck and folded down the other side, which worked just fine.
I have no idea why they make the neck space so snug on some of them, has made me double check buying them tha's for sure :roll:

And as for sizes, they are small too, the 6-12 months ones are sometimes too small for Isaac, where do they get their sizing?!

Eefies were especially the disney ones. Is your baby chunky? Eefie is and we couldnt use growbags on him because they were so tight around his neck.

Thanks everyone - I took both Grobags back for a refund and will look for one a bit more generous round the neck.

Okay, got refunds on them all and ordered from thedreambag.co.uk after seeing them sell on eBay and the 1 tog one I got through fits like, ahem, a dream.

Shall be ordering more from there I think :dance:

I bought a couple from dreambag a couple of weeks ago and am really pleased with them plus they are cheaper than grobag which is a bonus. I'm glad that it has all worked out for you in the end :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back