are Kate and Gerry McCann responsible parents?

Alfiesmummy said:
frangelle said:
budge said:
my dad is conviced that the parents have something to do with medleines disapearence.

But what would be there motive? :think:

perhaps the fame and publicity they are recieving?

Why would they want publicity? Isn't it abit extreme? So they have hidden her, you think? To be honest, the thought had crossed my mind, but then I thought but why would they? What would they gain?

When they showed a clip of her in the church at the memorial or whatever it was, she looked genuinely distraught.

i genuinely think the parents have nothing to do with the kidnapping. The one mistake they made was to leave the kids alone but apart from that i don't think the disappearance was caused indirectly or directly by them. I think their sadness is pretty convincing.

its a sick sick sick stunt for publicity if that is what it is, if not then i dunno, i dont expect a mother who has had her baby abducted to b able to face anyone or anything specially the media so thats y i am dubious...

but i do hope to God little Madeleine is alive and safe :pray:

mummykay said:
its a sick sick sick stunt for publicity if that is what it is, if not then i dunno, i dont expect a mother who has had her baby abducted to b able to face anyone or anything specially the media so thats y i am dubious...

but i do hope to God little Madeleine is alive and safe :pray:

I'm gonna sound really really thick but...

Why would they need publicity? for what? I thought they were both doctors?

I genuinely don't understand why, am I really stoopid?!!! :oops:

i was just referring to someone posting about publicity frangelle, i have no idea why it would b publicity tbh?? but if it was i dont think its the best way to get it

I haven't managed to read through the whole of this thread (cos it's 12 pages long already!) so this might have already been said. I don't know if 'punishment' is the right word, but I absolutely agree that it was extremely irresponsible and if it had happened at home in the UK the press would have taken a completely different angle on it. I think the important thing is that they need to accept that they were in the wrong, and acted irresponsibly. If they don't accept that, what will stop the same thing happening again? If they act differently in light of what's happened, they are admitting they made a mistake the first time.

Everyone makes mistakes, this was a huge and horrible one. I don't think they should be punished further but I do think that they need to admit they were irresonsible and show that they will not act in a similar way again. I voted

I think they ought to be punished........ I think the media and police have forgotten what circumstances Maddy went missing under! :think:

I dont think anyone can say that they McCann's weren't irresponsible, they had a duty of care as parents and leaving their children in a hotel room alone failed that duty. However im not sure what "punishing" them will achieve. Nothing in the world is going to cause them more hurt and pain than losing their daughter.

I dont believe for a moment that they had anything to do with Madeleine's abduction and some of the things I've read here about it being for publicity frankly sound utterly ridiculous. As for the parents not acting like they should in public personally I feel that's just people looking for something else to use to vilify the McCanns. When do you all get issued with the how to behave when your child is abducted handbook because i missed my copy!

There isnt a single one of us who "knows" what we would do or how we would cope if that was our child.

I have a feeling that if they were unable to speak through grief and broke down constantly then they would be accused of over acting for publicity. Because of the nature of their little girls abduction people will always want to see the worst in them.

I was asked by someone yesterday to read this post and share my thoughts and i did read it but didnt comment, but over the last 24 hrs i havent been able to get it out of my head, the post that is and im really sorry but i think u are all totally out of order talking about this on a open forum, yea they did fuck up but can u imagine what they have to go through if Madi is never found and all people on this fourm can do is pull them apart and some of you have been bloody nasty about them, can u imagine what it would be like if a member of their family looked at this post or even the parents theirselves. You know it will be comments like some of you have made that will top them over the edge, im not saying what they have done is right so dont jump on me, i just think out of respect for the fact they have lost a child u all need to keep ur comments to yourselves. I remeber a post about that model that died few months ago and we were told by a mod to not comment because at the end of the day she was a mother, well i think this is the same sort of thing, if i was a mod i would lock this thread because i think its bang out of order.
God forbid any of u lot ran out to the post office or just for a sec turned the wrong way and one of ur kids got stolen bet it would be a different story then.

frangelle said:
budge said:
my dad is conviced that the parents have something to do with medleines disapearence.

But what would be there motive? :think:

,my dad thinks they sold her - hes old and pssobily slightly demented though :roll:

chezzabell said:
I was asked by someone yesterday to read this post and share my thoughts and i did read it but didnt comment, but over the last 24 hrs i havent been able to get it out of my head, the post that is and im really sorry but i think u are all totally out of order talking about this on a open forum, yea they did f**k up but can u imagine what they have to go through if Madi is never found and all people on this fourm can do is pull them apart and some of you have been bloody nasty about them, can u imagine what it would be like if a member of their family looked at this post or even the parents theirselves. You know it will be comments like some of you have made that will top them over the edge, im not saying what they have done is right so dont jump on me, i just think out of respect for the fact they have lost a child u all need to keep ur comments to yourselves. I remeber a post about that model that died few months ago and we were told by a mod to not comment because at the end of the day she was a mother, well i think this is the same sort of thing, if i was a mod i would lock this thread because i think its bang out of order.
God forbid any of u lot ran out to the post office or just for a sec turned the wrong way and one of ur kids got stolen bet it would be a different story then.

But the whole point is that I wouldn't just run out to the post office. And they didn't just look the wrong way for a second.
I agree that some points on this discussion are out of order - I don't think it's right to speculate that they were involved in some way, but the discussion as to whether they were responsible to leave the children alone is a valid one - particularly as this is a forum concerned with parenting.
Is the rule to be on this forum then then any discussion on anyone who is a parent should be stopped? What about people in the public eye who aren't parents? Are we allowed to discuss them? Should we stop the Big Brother thread as we're bitching about people whose family may read this thread?

chezzabell said:
I was asked by someone yesterday to read this post and share my thoughts and i did read it but didnt comment, but over the last 24 hrs i havent been able to get it out of my head, the post that is and im really sorry but i think u are all totally out of order talking about this on a open forum, yea they did f**k up but can u imagine what they have to go through if Madi is never found and all people on this fourm can do is pull them apart and some of you have been bloody nasty about them, can u imagine what it would be like if a member of their family looked at this post or even the parents theirselves. You know it will be comments like some of you have made that will top them over the edge, im not saying what they have done is right so dont jump on me, i just think out of respect for the fact they have lost a child u all need to keep ur comments to yourselves. I remeber a post about that model that died few months ago and we were told by a mod to not comment because at the end of the day she was a mother, well i think this is the same sort of thing, if i was a mod i would lock this thread because i think its bang out of order.

The parents are not the victims, a small child is...

frangelle said:
chezzabell said:

you're absoluteyl right frangelle. the parents have made a good job of directing the publics thinking from anger towards them to sympathy by all this publicity. They have made themselves look the victim in all this and some people have almost forgotten that a small child is lost in all this.

chezzabell said:

I agree with you, I have been wondering what the point of all this discussion is as it keeps going round in circles with the same things being said again and again. We are currently thinking about what to do with this one. Im tempted to let it run its course as if we lock or delete this thread it wont be long till another one pops up, but then it is a public forum. Your opnions on this are welcome.

I have been giving this thread a lot of thought, and I think it comes down to how people make their judgements. Some people judge on actions, some people judge on intent. Personally I go by intent and while it was wrong of them to leave them, I think it was an error of judgement, a mistake they will regret for the rest of their lives, a false sense of security. I dont think for one minute they thought "oh lets leave them alone and risk them being abducted". Thats how I make my judgement on wether they were to blame or not.

Im not saying im right and everyone else is wrong, just that we all have our own personal criteria for judging peoples actions, and I dont think we will all ever agree so maybe there is no point to this thread and it needs to be put to rest now.

i think there is a point to this thread so long as people are replying to it GGG. No one is getting irrate or aggresive on it.
the threads fine. its a good way of people discussing madeleines disapearence.

i don't agree its going round and round in circles at all. all sorts of things are being discussed in a mature and friendly debatable manner :hug: :)

budge said:
frangelle said:
chezzabell said:

you're absoluteyl right frangelle. the parents have made a good job of directing the publics thinking from anger towards them to sympathy by all this publicity. They have made themselves look the victim in all this and some people have almost forgotten that a small child is lost in all this.

Tbh I sometimes forget there is a child involved as it is all about the parents grief.

These people that say we are being harsh etc, I wonder how they'd feel if the McGanns were so careless with their children's safety that they got abductwd. You would be fumung, and blaming them. I know I would.

budge said:
i think there is a point to this thread so long as people are replying to it GGG. No one is getting irrate or aggresive on it.
the threads fine. its a good way of people discussing madeleines disapearence.

i don't agree its going round and round in circles at all. all sorts of things are being discussed in a mature and friendly debatable manner :hug: :)

Well im watching you :twisted: :wink: :rotfl:

GGG - okay so if a parent decided to get drunk and then drive and crashed their car killing their children..but they never meant to - they thought they were fine and just intended to get the children home...or if they just intended to nip out to the local pub at the bottom of their street for a swift half and then ended up staying for an hour and the house burnt down and their children died..but they never intended that to happen..would all that be not the parent's fault then. The crash may have been caused by another driver and the parent just unable to react as quickly as normal, the fire by faulty electrics - but the fact is that the parent's actions did not protect their children - and that is a parent's job.

Leaving 3 children alone in an unlocked room (going on news reports) the possibility of something happening (whether abduction, fire, choking whatever) cannot be so unforseen that it wouldn't enter a parent's head. Otherwise why don't we all do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back