are Kate and Gerry McCann responsible parents?

I bet they are in day nurseries back home whilst the parents work everyday so you'd have thought they would have wanted to spend as much time with thier kids on holiday as they could not shove them to bed at night and bugger off to the nearest tapas bar for a drink and meal :shock: devoted parents my back side :x

Minime said:
Freya said:
Can I ask why people think they would be more persecuted if they were single parents OR working class parents. When I first heard the story I didn't know they were doctor (I am not sure when that detail came out) but I didn't think 'oh they must be working class - they deserve it'
My view and I speak only for myself is that I would have felt sorry for them 'whaterver their class, race etc.'

In fact wasn't Sara Paynes family working class I felt no more or no less sorry for them than I do the McCanns.

Do you feel then that you can't feel sorry for them because they have had preferential treatment (even though daughter was taken) because they are middle class!!

Nothing to do with that and Sara Payne wasn't alone, she was with her 13 year old brother and a sister and was of a much greater age and was out playing with them so that is of no real comparison.

The point is the parents of Madeline are being made to look almost saintly, how devoted they are to their children which no doubt they are BUT if this had involved a single working class parent then they would have been hammered and vilified in the press and NOT made out to be saintly nor had world tours. I'm pretty sure its to do with class here, its hypocricy. I'm not saying they deserve it at all, nobody deserves that but I'm talking about the press portrayal of the McCanns. What if the parents were on a package deal to Benidorm (as mentionned) and were catholic and working class, can you really see the pope giving them the time of day? Like :shhh:

Hope I have done this quote thing right. I suppose what I am saying is that to me I don't care where they come from or what they do I feel sorry for them. I know that i wouldn't feel more or less sorry for them if they were both unemployed - I WOULDN'T- can't speak for other people and if people are really influenced by class then that is a point of great sadness for them not for me. I don't think they have been made out to be saintly or if they have then obviously not a very good job has been done of it because certainly as you can see from posts on here lots of people don't view them as saints far from it.

budge said:
I bet they are in day nurseries back home whilst the parents work everyday so you'd have thought they would have wanted to spend as much time with thier kids on holiday as they could not shove them to bed at night and bugger off to the nearest tapas bar for a drink and meal :shock: devoted parents my back side :x

I think I am right in this - Kate Mcgann only works part time so I am assuming that this is so she has a work/life balance.

I think it goes back to parenting styles and your view of a devoted parent. I think they are probably pretty decent parents actually - or much the same as the majority of people trying to do the best job they can - but once again only my view.

I think they are probably pretty decent parents actually
After all thats happened i will not agree with this but i understand its your opinion of them:) Any Decent parent would not leave their children alone anywhere, what makes it worse is that they did it in another country, why is it such a difficult thing for them to have taken her with them, I mean for the sake of a moments peace and a drink with a meal? Is it really worth it i say, NO!!!! They should have done the responsible thing and taken her with them. The bar was very far away from where they were, they couldnt even see the window to maddies room, easy for some one to get in un noticed, hence this situation, and even the fact that they did this almost every night and nothing happened, is that really a decent argument, they shouldnt have done it at all through out the holiday, why have a fecking FAMILY holiday fi your just gonna leave your kids alone in their rooms!!!! They could have had a drink and made meals in the room or as i have said taken them with them. But noooooo they had to be selfish and now because of their selfish act they have no daughter, bless her soul, if they were my mum and dad id be very ashamed!

I must say after what has happened I now think alot more about keeping a closer eye on DD and never let her out of my sight and perhaps can admit have been a bit slack in the past. Not sure I would have done what they have done and think they have paid the price can't imagine what they are going through.

A friend said she had let her little girl sleep in the car on the drive after a journey a few times because bringing her into the house disturbed her, but now she would never do this. Maybe we have all done something and perhaps got away with it (so to speak) but this is a good wake up call for me anyway that nothing is more important than knowing where she is and who with.

What the Mccanns did was very wrong and extremely foolish. Im sure there can't be anyone alive who doesn't blame them more than they blame themselves. Unfortunately they've learnt a very hard lesson and I'm sure they will never ever do that again. I think the twins will grow up with a lot less freedom than most children have.

I can't imagine what punishment could be given to them thats any worse than what they're going through at the moment.

I do agree that people would have been a lot quicker to criticise if it had been a couple of young parents staying at butlins and going out to grab a beer.

I just hope Madeleine's ok, I keep thinking about Ben Needham who was never found. I have a horrible feeling its probably a puedophile ring that got her. I really hope I'm wrong :(

I do agree that people would have been a lot quicker to criticise if it had been a couple of young parents staying at butlins and going out to grab a beer.
I completely agree with this statment, I get funny looks where ever i go and i never do anything wrong, i look after Hope the best way i can. I just think feck the lot of em they are just jelous, sorry went off track

Mel&Hope said:
I completely agree with this statment, I get funny looks where ever i go and i never do anything wrong, i look after Hope the best way i can. I just think feck the lot of em they are just jelous, sorry went off track

I agree too. Or imagine if it was a teenage couple *shock horror*- they would be condemned straight away.

At the end of the day, I'm not a perfect parent, I never claim to be, BUT even if I take a bath, I go round lock all the doors and shut all the windows just in case, and Kieran's nearly 5.

When I went to Greece, I was 19, Kieran was 2, and when he got tired, we would go back to our apartment with a bottle of wine, and sit on the balcony. Not once did it cross my mind to leave him there alone!!! If you want a holiday doing couply things, DON'T TAKE YOUR KIDS!!!

frangelle said:
Mel&Hope said:

I agree too. Or imagine if it was a teenage couple *shock horror*- they would be condemned straight away.

At the end of the day, I'm not a perfect parent, I never claim to be, BUT even if I take a bath, I go round lock all the doors and shut all the windows just in case, and Kieran's nearly 5.

When I went to Greece, I was 19, Kieran was 2, and when he got tired, we would go back to our apartment with a bottle of wine, and sit on the balcony. Not once did it cross my mind to leave him there alone!!! If you want a holiday doing couply things, DON'T TAKE YOUR KIDS!!!
Exactly :clap: See it doesnt hurt to sit in your appartment or balcony and have a lil drink, it makes much more sense. I always lock to door no matter where i am in the house, Gal thinks im being paranoid :roll:

When questioned earlier about critical reaction to the family, Mrs McCann replied: "To be honest, I don't actually think that is the case.

"I think that is a very small minority of people that are criticising us."

:?

everytime i see them on tv i dont feel that the parents are genuinely sad????

i just get a feeling that theyre acting???? i have no idea why, i dont watch the news indepth but everytime i see them i dont feel any genuine anguish from them???

maybe its me bein silly but i dunno :?

Every time I look at the parents I see a broken couple. At times I don't know how Kate manages to stand up straight and she must only be about 7 stone :( I guess maybe we see what we want to see.

I think sometimes they put a brave face on things tbh - and they must have to do that in front of the twins. Maybe that is why they are taking time out - they did say they wanted time to grieve :(

I must admit I have at times thought something about it all wasn't quite right, but couldn't put my finger on it.
I think maybe you're right Freya, and it's because they're so broken they don't seem like real people anymore. I think it will do them the world of good to take a step back and have time to reflect for a bit.

Barmi_Brummeh said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/6740315.stm

Aw could they not wait til the pain's not so raw?

mummykay said:

i just get a feeling that theyre acting???? i have no idea why, i dont watch the news indepth but everytime i see them i dont feel any genuine anguish from them???

i totally agree MK

Charlotte & Emily said:
mummykay said:

i totally agree MK

I have to agree too MK :think: There definately somethings we dont know

Princess_Puddles said:
[quote="Charlotte & Emily":1bwmowbc]
mummykay said:

i totally agree MK

I have to agree too MK :think: There definately somethings we dont know[/quote:1bwmowbc]

Iv often mentioned it to Ian a few times. How calm they seem and together.

They really handle this media well though i think if this was me i would be in bits i dont think id have the strength to tour the world etc etc and go see the pope! if that was me in their position and i went swanning off to met the pope id crawl there oin my hands and knees beg forgiveness and prey with every ounce of my being for my childs safety.
I actually think i would need to be medicated to keep me from going crazy

Alfiesmummy said:
Princess_Puddles said:
[quote="Charlotte & Emily":d5rv3win]
mummykay said:

i totally agree MK

I have to agree too MK :think: There definately somethings we dont know

Iv often mentioned it to Ian a few times. How calm they seem and together.

They really handle this media well though i think if this was me i would be in bits i dont think id have the strength to tour the world etc etc and go see the pope! if that was me in their position and i went swanning off to met the pope id crawl there oin my hands and knees beg forgiveness and prey with every ounce of my being for my childs safety.
I actually think i would need to be medicated to keep me from going crazy[/quote:d5rv3win]

I have to agree to i would be in bits,they do seem to hold themselves together very well and she still even goes jogging every morning :shock:,there is also no way i would let those twins out of my sight. Didn't a german reporter ask them if they were involved as that's what some people are thinking :think:
Just pray little maddi will be returned :pray: xx

my dad is conviced that the parents have something to do with medleines disapearence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back