• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Appointment with Obstetrician

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well i had my check up appointmnet with the obstetrician today and there was a bit of good news and a little bit of bad.

The bad news is they dont want me to deliver in water (i would love a water birth at the hospital if possible) The reason behind this is because my crohns disease has been severe around the lower part of the bowel so they dont want water to get into the tissue if i tear. They will also probably cut me rather than let me tear naturally so they can cut at an angle away from the back passage. :(

The good news though is that i can labour in water (if the pool is free of course) which i am pleased about. :D

The obstertrician also kindly mentioned that ladies with crohns usually do really well until after the birth when they often flare. I already know that and its my biggest fear as not many drugs work for me and im scared incase i end up in hospital again with a newborn.. really didnt need to hear it but still.. nothing i can do about it.

Oh another thing which we discussed was the strep b test. i spoke to the doctor and the midwife at the hospital and neither seemed to think there was any point in having it done yet MY midwife is all for it. They said that alot of woman will test positive and nothing will become of it and antibiotics have their own side effects. I would also not be able to even labour in water (according to my midwife) if i tested positive. Oh and antibiotics have also flared my crohns up in the past. So now im stuck as to what to do... :think:

Anyway.. that my little update... hope you are all well!

Claire x

Atleast you have some good news Hun and it sounds like they are really thinking about best practise with you, hope you get what you want

aramintalovegrove said:
Atleast you have some good news Hun and it sounds like they are really thinking about best practise with you, hope you get what you want
I agree!! Good luck hun! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back