Appointment today

sarah1

Reaction score
So we saw the big boss doctor today which was good. At first he didn't even know I'd had the operation last week so had to explain that....but aside from that he was good. He isn't particularly sure that the polyp was causing me any problems - could have said that before. But as he said also, medicine isn't always black and white.

I'm being tested for recurrent miscarriage, so far have had some blood tests to check clotting (and things like that). Also taking junior aspirin daily too.

I've been prescribed clomid starting next cycle which I'm not overly happy about as wanted to try naturally but he thinks it is best.

So got to wait and see what happens now. Fingers crossed my blood tests come back ok, I hadn't even considered it could be that kind of problem what with the PCOS and the polyps etc etc! Think hubby is a bit overwhelmed by it all. I'm not looking forward to him knowing about when I'm ovulating on the clomid as he gets bad 'performance anxiety' so not sure how we'll overcome that one.

Anyhoo, more waiting but hopefully for some normal results xxxxxxxxxxxx

ps. when do I stop taking aspiring if I get pregnant?

Great that things are moving on for you! :)

When I was on clomid I just told hubby that it was a drug to help us get pregnant, and that he shouldn't bother with it. But if your hubby was there when the doctor explained, than it might be a bit worse. Anyway, I got pregnant on my cycle of clomid, and the days around my ovulation I really just jumped on hubby, so I think it was a "stronger" ov than normal.

Wish you all the best hun!

I really hope this is it for you!

Ps: about the aspirin, I have no idea. Maybe you should call your doctor?

you can keep taking the baby asprin all through pregnancy

I had 2 MMC and am taking asprin for this pregnancy. I also had the RMC testing and all came back normal.
asprin is often recommended when people have had MC they say it improves blood supply to the uterus and has certainly helped in my case

so glad the appointment went well

Good luck :) xxxx

I'm glad it all went well Sarah :)

I think clomid isn't a bad idea, get it going and then you don't have to worry about organising it if at a later date you still hadn't got pregnant.

This way you get to just go with the flow.

Not sure about the performance anxiety... would he have to know when you are ovuating just because you are on clomid? You could sneak the tablets?

Alternatively instead of going right in for sex, perform a lot of foreplay on him and then just pounce on him when you think he's close ;)

Hi Hun, :)

That all sounds like great news, no reason not to start Clomid really Hun, it's just like an enhanced natural cycle.

There's nothing to say exactly when you'll OV so Hubby won't know exactly when it is FX.

I've had all the antibodies and clotting bloods and all mine have come back fine, you tend to get the results back fairly quick so you could potentially have them done before next cycle, your GP can do them.

You know a polyp can cause a M/C as it can take the blood supply from the embryo, I guess it would depend on the size of the polyp for that though.

Good Luck with everything, how long are you TTC now? I'm on cycle 15 now taking out my break months.

xx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies :)

I have to go for scans every other day up to ov so they can check there's not too many eggs/enlarged ovaries and that I'm actually ovulating so hubby will want to come with me! He's very supportive. We've talked about it all though and I think he's ok with things and we've had the 'if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen' conversation a lot so think he'll be fine. Perhaps once the clomid works one cycle, then the next one will be a lot easier. Its weird, cos he's great in bed! But I guess we put a lot of pressure on them.

I hope I get the blood results soon. Maybe - I did think it was the polyp causing the MC and really hope it was just that so can rule out anything else scary!

Hope everyone is well xxxx

I forgot, Maybe we have been trying about 19 months. Taken a month off here and there after MC and hysteroscopies though x argh seems ages when I say it like that...I pray we don't hit the two year mark.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back