More bad news

sarah1

Reaction score
Well just when I thought things couldn't get much worse I got my progesterone results this morning - too low.

I told them this over and over and over right from our first appointment as my LP has always been 10 days, nobody listens and everyone said 'I'm sure its not that but probably the polyp you have in your uterus'. How things change eh?!

They won't give me an appt till 23rd Nov so I have to stop taking the clomid till then. Great. A wasted cycle so we only have 5 left, even if I was pregnant right now I'd have another miscarriage (i've tested just incase at 10dpo and its negative, prob a good thing). Both me and hubby rung up very angry about our treatment but they won't budge on the appt. We can see the same doc privately quite soon but its £220 - we can sort of afford it but I can tell hubby doesn't want to and plus we'd need loads of appts after that that we couldn't afford. It wouldn't make much diff anyway as I'd be waiting for next cycle. I want to be able to give a child everything if we have one, not spend our savings having a child to find we can't afford to give them anything.

So now I'm stuck, not taking clomid, not TTC. Again. Polyp still there after waiting for ages for ops and 2 unsuccessful operations. PCOS, possible lupus (can't get any answers on that so gonna stop taking aspiring for 2 weeks then get the repeat test done) and low progesterone, which I KNOW I had already. I know they will want to up the dose of clomid but I don't want that doing - I produced one egg and everything went fine. I've felt so ill with it this month.

If I had 6 cycles of clomid prescription I'd buy some progesterone abroad or something and just take it myself. When will doctors start to believe that we know our own bodies better than anyone? The whole thing is making me physcially ill. Even before we started TTC we were both drawn to adoption, so I think we are gonna finish the 6 months of clomid and then draw a line under the whole thing. It breaks my heart but I can't lose any more children and keep putting my body under this stress. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry about the low progesterone :(

Keep testing and if you get a BFP let me know because i have some progesterone you can have and i'll send it out to you asap xx

oh Sarah i hate bad news and this is rubbish , so now you have a horrible wait wasting time! Some docs are useless x

I second what Lou says too, I'll send you some too!

What CD did you have the test though Hun as cd 21 isn't always the right day you know what was your result too?

Big hugs!

Xx

Hi girls, aww thats so sweet of you, I was tempted to just buy some progesterone myself and ttc this cycle without the clomid - at least we wouldn't be wasting more time! I know I can get pregnant on my own if they'd just prescribed me progesterone before!! Every time we get somewhere we hit a brick wall. The pressure of being on clomid and only having a few go's is awful. My hubby hates it too..... but then I hate the thought of not giving him a baby if we end up giving up :(.

Af has arrived which is a relief in a way as I think even if I started taking progesterone now it may have been too late.

Maybe - they tracked the cycle so they were spot on with the ov date, I actually had the bloods on day 25 as ov'd on day 18. It was 22, from all my research (!) its not the worst ever but if you get pregnant and its that low then a miscarriage is inevitable. (ps. I'm glad you are back :))

Because I've had a 30 day cycle (which is good!) with the clomid this month I reckon if next cycle is normal length (35 ish) I might have to wait for 2 cycles because our appointment isn't until 23rd Nov. Boo. I'm going to ring for cancellation ones a lot. They're so unhelpful and rude - they've passed all my notes onto one of the nurses and I always have to speak to her now when I ring up, I reckon she's the one that all the naughty people get sent to!

I'm mega worried at the mo about some of the tablets I've been taking, dunno if its the aspirin or clomid but I'm not taking either now so should find out - I'm incredibly short of breath all the time. I have mild asthma but this seems different, its really scary! Might have to go to docs this week, even tho they'll be useless too.....

Experts - do you think its a good idea to stop taking aspirin this cycle and get the lupus blood test done in a few weeks so results are in at next appt? Think they want me to wait but that seems silly.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya hun, sorry to hear this. Dont buy progesterone abroad wait it out hun & get the cyclogest from your consultant. I know it might be a wait till next appointment, but you got to be carefull what your buying abroad cause you dont know what it can do to you. It will be worth waiting though cause then you will have everything you need, med wise & hopefully all these will work for you hun. About the short of breath it's the asprin, you have to be carefull taking asprin when you are asthmatic. STOP!! taking them & when you see him next remind him your asthmatic & that you have been short of breath since taking the asprin.

X

Last edited:
Thanks hun, I wouldn't buy any progesterone as I'd prob be too scared to take it anyway! It just annoys me how long its taken them to spot it when I told them it was this 18 months or so ago but they wouldn't do 21 day bloods.

I'm not taking aspirin anymore so going to see how the breathlessness goes - I've only had it about a week and been taking aspirin 8 weeks or so. Stopping taking it anyway to have my lupus blood test. If it hasn't gone soon will have to go to docs!

hope you are ok xxx

I was the same, i kept telling dr that i needed extra progesterone support because my cycles where everywhere & when i was temping, i noticed my temp didnt spike high & dropped so quick, & thats a indication that you have low level of progesterone.

I spoke to them many many times about it, but it was always brushed under the carpet & they totally ignored me. Or come up with some kind of excuse, in the end i printed off my temp charts from over the months & took them in, & it was then that they paid attention to me & give me cyclogest progesterone.

They make you very stressed out sometimes dont they & where meant to be stress free & half of the time its the doctors making us like this cause they not listening to us. :wall2:

I know you can buy a progesterone cream & they sell it on ebay, i have never used it before but i wonder if others have on here, you could have a go of that maybe, till you see your dr next.

8 weeks is a long time on asprin, i have been on asprin with one of my pregnancys before i lost my baby & they told me long term use of asprin can cause abdominal bleeding. Also asked if i was asthmatic cause i couldnt have asprin if i was, which is why i thought 8 wks is a long time if your asthmatic on asprin when asprin can be quite bad for a person suffering with asthmatic. Glad you stopped it now.

Am not to bad, well really i just getting fed up with this lttc i just hope i get my surge on this tamoxifen very soon & hopefully that much awaited longed for bfp.
Reality is i wont get one.

xxx

I am so sorry chick xxxxx

Def speak to your doc about shortness of breath, they may take you off the clomid if thats whats causing it xxx

I'm sorry hun, fingers crossed you get the right help soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back