Applying for jobs when Pregnant (7 months at that too!)

sasswa

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just a bit of advice please.

It was about the end of March I applied for a job overseas. Mid April I got shortlisted and asked for ALOT of cash and 3-6 months notification period to my previous employer if I was offered the job. Today, I've been asked to attend an interview for next week in London. They have no idea I'm pregnant and I'm not going to say anything until it will be brought up possibly in the interview.

To be honest, I'm about to drop anyway and if I do get it hubby will stay at home to look after Jakey. Because it is overseas, I can't imagine a move will take place anyway for at least another 3 months - and Jake should be not too young by that stage.

If I don't get it I'm ok with that but got any suggestions about what you think they may think.

Cheers,

Sass
x

firstly they can't not offer you the job based on you expecting, you could sue!!!
if they offer you the job and went an mat leave then you wouldn't get company mat pay as most places you have to have worked for them for at least 1 year by the time you reach your 15th week

Well to be honest, I'll be losing my 6 months mat leave anyway when I advise my current employer BUT I wouldn't be asking for any mat leave from my new employer anyway.....

This is the initial reason I advised them I needed 3 months minimum to leave my old job so I could at least have some time with Jake. If I was offered the job, we'd need a fair amount of time to re-locate anyway so I wouldn't expect to be there until at least September the earliest.

S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back