Anyone worried

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by twinkle90, Feb 21, 2016.

1. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

Anyone worried how their partner is going to adapt to a waking newborn during the night? We have a daughter already and one on the way, and our daughter has been a fab sleeper but will have the odd night or early morning where she thinks uts time to get up or wakes up crying, all my other half does us huff and puff and it does my head in. It does question what he will be like when we have two waking up in the night very soon. I know we as parents get tired and are like zombies the next day but that's part of it right? My OH just seems to moan all the time and expects our daughter to have a lie in like he does. I hope his mindset changes quickly!!! Xx

2. carli91

carli91 Well-Known Member

Yep! Oliver was up most of the night tonight and pretended not to hear him! Dreading once Jacob is here!! Xx

3. Tigger87

Tigger87 Well-Known Member

It's me more than anything I worry about. My husband gets up multiple times a night now with my badly sleeping 2 year old. I work more hours and need to be more alert for what I'm doing though so I think he considers that (and he's also just the best husband and daddy!!) but when I'm on Mat leave I think it'll be a different story. It feels fair. He was always pretty good with my son during the night even in the newborn days when I was off and he was working though. He always puts my sleep before his bless him!