Anyone working til due date???

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I am :shock:

My last day will be my due date. I usually feel a lot better then than i do now and I'm still dragging myself in every day, so the way I see it, it'll be easier then.
My oh works, so does my sister, parents and all of my friends so I'd only be wobbling around lonely at home :(

When are you all planning to work til? x

i am starting my maternity leave on my due date too, but am taking the week before off as annual leave. So not quite right up to the day but almost!

I'm saving my annual leave too. I'm taking 4 days in May to go to CenterParcs but thats all I'm taking this year and I'm going to be on AL for the first month and then maternity after that.
I'm actually looking forward to working at the end, It's nice to have company and I'd just sit at home getting nervous about labour x

I am working all the way to due date and going back straight after might take one or two nights off after so im not to tired im only doing this as i work one/two nights a week and shifts which arent for that many hours so i dont see why not i love my job more like a night out (i work in a bar) and with me having postnatal depression with my first and definitly give me the break im going to need so it doesnt happen again xx

Ill probly work until bout 2 weeks before, im due in october and my holidays start in september so i will have a full 25 days to take!

Of course it's too early for me to really give this any thought, but I have purposely cancelled some of my holiday - to take "at a later date".... (IE if this all goes to plan I'd maybe work until EDD but have two weeks holiday before!)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Ill probly work until bout 2 weeks before, im due in october and my holidays start in september so i will have a full 25 days to take!

Ooooh you lucky thing, mine start in April so I'm going to have to be really sensible (not me at all) x

I am working all the way to due date and going back straight after might take one or two nights off after so im not to tired im only doing this as i work one/two nights a week and shifts which arent for that many hours so i dont see why not i love my job more like a night out (i work in a bar) and with me having postnatal depression with my first and definitly give me the break im going to need so it doesnt happen again xx

Shit a brick, you're taking one or two nights off :shock:
I'd have to put my pelvic floor in a wheelbarrow to go back that soon lol
Hats off to ya xx

I'm due 11th August but my last working day is 27th June!

I've got loadsa holiday to take though so that's why I'm off for so long- mat leave starts on 24th July. Tbh though I am looking foward to having loads of time off. When I feel as crappy as I do today, I can't blimmin wait to finish work!!

XX

I thought it was law that you HAVE to take 2 weeks off minimum after birth? I'm planning to work until week before due date but going to play it by ear and work are happy with that. I'd like a week to relax although I am expecting LO to be late...just have a feeling!

Planning to finish mid august...take leave then start mat leave 4 week before edd, I'm taking 12 mnths too, how long are you ladies taking off?

Planning to finish mid august...take leave then start mat leave 4 week before edd, I'm taking 12 mnths too, how long are you ladies taking off?

If I get that far, def 12 months.

The massive saving operation to allow me to do this starts now!

xxxxxxxxxxx

I haven't really thought about it :oooo: I'm so glad that you girls are more organised then I am...

Actually thinking about it, I might take it from tomorrow....I'm so tired now, god knows how I'll make it to the shower at 40 weeks :nap: It's so hard to decide now when you don't know how you will feel closer to the time....

I'm taking 7 months off. 1 month annual leave and 6 months maternity xx

If I get that far, def 12 months.

The massive saving operation to allow me to do this starts now!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Positive thinking please ;-) xx

I have not decided on how much to take before hand.... I have enough holiday to take 4 weeks before my EDD but I am not sure if I will want/need that much.... I am thinking three weeks annual leave before, then have my ML start on my EDD?

The plan is that I do not go back to work!! We will have to see how this pans out but I will initially be taking 12 months leave. xx

Last edited:
I'm starting my annual leave on my EDD so will more than likely give birth on annual leave - how weird is that ;) x

Positive thinking please ;-) xx

I'm trying hun!

Managed to save about £600 this month so that will go in my maternity fund :)

(if maternity fund isn't needed for any reason - I am sure it will be needed though - then we're having a lovely holiday!)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Erm excuse me Carnat, the comment in brackets is not positive!!! *shakes finger at screen

Erm excuse me Carnat, the comment in brackets is not positive!!! *shakes finger at screen

I know - I feel like every time I say something positive I have to balance it with a 'but if the worst happens' comment!

I am so bad....

If it helps I was looking at my company calendar today and reckon my last day would be 19th October :lol:, 2 weeks leave, then maternity leave from 5th November!

I guess I'll have to see how accurate my dates are (when and not if) I have my dating scan? Is this more positive?

xxxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back