Anyone with a mortgage ?

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
Hey girls - following on from my thread the other day - would you mind telling me how much of a mortgage you have, what rate (i.e. interest only/ fixed...) and how much a month you pay? just to give me a rough idea.

We are paying 543 for a £76500 mortgage fixed rate over 25 years.
I can remember what the rate is but i think its quite high because we have a bad credit rating.

Meant to say cant remember what rate but we come off our fixed rate in April & had to get a new deal & our payments went up by over £100 :shock:

Mines interest only at £635 a month, on a £90,000 mortgage. Called them the other day and said they aint helping anyone anymore and we're to remortgage elsewhere!

Was £90,000 over 25 years when took it out.

Now it's £86,000 with 20 years left. Variable rate interest and capital. £618 last month payment but this has varied between £550 - £650 over the years due to interest rates.

Taking out new mortgages is more expensive now and there aren't as many good offers.

We were paying £780 a month on a £141,000 mortgage but it got too much for us when I decided to leave work so we have sold up and are in married quarters again :roll:

we started on a £156,000 mortgage on a 30 year term at 5.49% fixed for 3 years - our payments (inc. insurance) were somewhere just below £900 a month.

nearly 4 years later we're down to about £130,000 (we've made overpayments) and have reduced the term to about 22 years. however, we're now on a 2 year fixed rate of 6.05% and our monthly payments are just over £950 a month.

i prefer fixed rates as i know where we stand for money each month. you just have to make sure you get a new deal when the rate expires. :D

we haven't moved in yet but we've been given 112.500 for 643 over 35 yrs although looking to reduce that in 3 yrs when we change. it's fixed rate but can't remember exact.. 6. something? deposit is paid on house which we are buying for 149.950 tho :)

Ours was £88,000 over 25 years. We've had it 4 years and pay around £600 p/m.

our mortgage is 140K over 30 years.

we're on a fixed term but we have to pay a higher interest rate as neither of us have any debt so we have no credit rating :shakehead: (bloody stupid system, you get penalised if you have money in the bank)

anyway we pay £800 a month

pilkers said:
we're on a fixed term but we have to pay a higher interest rate as neither of us have any debt so we have no credit rating :shakehead: (bloody stupid system, you get penalised if you have money in the bank)

OH and i had the same problem. we solved it by getting a credit card from my bank, buying some stuff on it and then paying it straight off. and we did the same with a couple of store cards. no debt still, but an instant boost for our credit ratings. we just cut the cards up after that - don't want any temptation :talkhand:

:D :D

I wish we had one we can get a motrgage but cant afford the house prices yet
where looking at a £125.000 limit taking some of with our deposit £650/700 a month mortgae repayments

chickadee1976 said:
I can remember what the rate is but i think its quite high because we have a bad credit rating.

Do you mean your mortgage is over 25 years.. But a fixed rate for a set term.. No one would give you a fixed rate for the length of the mortgage..

Im paying £508.91 for £82000 fixed rate for 3 yrs, term of mortgage is 25 yrs!

our mortgage is for £67.000 and we pay £439 which includes an insurance and that at fixed rate of 5.39% from abby national over 22 years

We have a £60k mortgage on a £290k house

the length of the mortgage is 35 years

It's variable rate - currently we pay £300 a month plus £60 mortgage protection

It's a repayment mortgage, not purely interest.

It's with Halifax

our mortgage is going to be for 130K over 35 years (will reduce this when i work full time)

we had to pay 10% deposit (well us and a deposit from builders) so our mortgage is for 90%

its a fixed rate for 5 years of - i think - 6.04%

it works out at 770 a month

sunshinestars said:
chickadee1976 said:

Do you mean your mortgage is over 25 years.. But a fixed rate for a set term.. No one would give you a fixed rate for the length of the mortgage..

Im paying £508.91 for £82000 fixed rate for 3 yrs, term of mortgage is 25 yrs!

I have heard of 25 yr fixed terms. I work in a bank

My mortgage is for £185000, over 35 years on a stepped fixd, last yr was 5.39, this 6.39 and next will be 7.39. its a capital repayment and costs 1100 per month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back