Anyone taking their babies to a firework display this year?

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hello,

As above really.......it would be lovely to go but im thinking it might not be such a good idea taking a baby as the noise may upset him. Antonio is 8 months now, what do you think? Are you taking your LO's this year? What experience did you have with your babies last year?

Thanks

T xx

we are taking james to one. The farm across the field from us hold a huge party every year with a bonfire and display and they do their barn out and put on loads of yummy food..
so we will be going and playing it by ear. We can hide in the barn if james doesnt like the noise or obviously go home but im hoping he will be mesmorised by the colours more than anything...

I've been wondering about this. I think I am gonna wrap Jack up warm and take him but stay close to the exit in case it scares him then we will go. :)

Prob not.... He'll be 6 months and I dont think he'd enjoy it yet. Plus there all later on, and hes fast alseep by half 6. So thats another problem!!

They scare Hannah to death so we will just watch through the window

Possibly - going by Finlay's latest bedtimes then most likely :lol:

We have some ear defenders that I got when we were supposed to be going to a car show so I'll put them on him and wrap him up warm!

Bee said:
We have some ear defenders that I got when we were supposed to be going to a car show so I'll put them on him and wrap him up warm!
Ear defenders would be great. I took my oldest when she was 11 months and she loved it, but then took her the following year when she was 23 months and she was hysterical with fear! Guess she had become more aware and she spent the entire display shaking and crying inside my OH's coat!

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I've been wondering about this. I think I am gonna wrap Jack up warm and take him but stay close to the exit in case it scares him then we will go. :)
This is also a good idea, we were too far in to get out easily because she had coped so well the previous year and we assumed she'd be fine.

She is now 6 and obviously loves them again. I also have Molly, who is 3 and has never been scared by fireworks. We took Roxy and the older girls last year when she was a couple of months old. I had her in the sling cos it gets busy at our big local one and I thought I'd struggle with the pram in the crowd. She slept through the whole thing, snuggled up in her snowsuit!

Haven't yet decide about this year. I may give the big one a miss cos it's very expensive and probably too crowded to take 3 small children to anyway. But Chloe's school is having their own one at 6pm and I'm considering going to that one, especially cos it raises funds for the PTA. I know Chloe and Molly will be fine but Roxy will be 14 months and may react badly to it. I guess you just don't know till you get there. But if needed, I can just go somewhere quiet with her cos I know the other school Mums will watch C and M for me. Still working on my OH to come, he doesn't like fireworks!

MummyJess said:
Bee said:
Ear defenders would be great. I took my oldest when she was 11 months and she loved it, but then took her the following year when she was 23 months and she was hysterical with fear! Guess she had become more aware and she spent the entire display shaking and crying inside my OH's coat!

Yeah I need a excuse to put them on him :lol: I love them!

Think i'd be too scared to take Cooper just incase he got hurt :oops:

Austin was 7 months last bonfire night, we took him to a display and he asolutely LOVED it! We'll definitely be taking him again this year.

Austin has ear defenders from when we took him to a car show at 4 months, we brought them with us last year but he didn't need them. I'll be bringing them again this year though just in case.

We are taking Arianna to the one at the barracks... if she gets scared then we can just stand in the mess bar and look out the window

Jen&James said:
where do u get ear defenders from?

We bought ours at the car show we went to but I've found the same ones on Amazon. They don't have a minimum/maximum age on the website but we used them on Austin at 4 months and they're adjustable so there's still years of use in them.

We took Talia to a display recently, it was very loud and she slept through the whole thing!!! :lol:

I took Evie last year (she was 8months) and put ear defenders on her and had her in a sling -she slept the whole way through them :roll:

We'll be going to our village ones again this year (OH normally gets lumbered with letting them off) and definately be using the ear defenders again, I think its too loud without :D

I don't know, Ella normally takes everything in her stride but I think a fireworks display may be a bit to loud for her, can't afford any ear defenders :( May just have to leave it for this year.

If we find one that is early evening we will probably go. We usually take her out for a 6pm walk anyway most evenings so wouldn't be much different for her. Going to see what I can do about ears though, might get some ear muffs and put her hood up on snowsuit :think:

Jen&James said:
where do u get ear defenders from?

I got those peltor ones from eBay and just sold a set on there cos I got 2 for some reason :lol:

They didn't fit Finlay well at about 3 months but they fit him fine now and are supposed to last till about 7 or 8 I think. I tried them on my nephew (he's 2) and they fit fine ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back