anyone on heparin injections?

clarew

Reaction score
i kinda feel like my pregnancy has been unecc medicalized - was told to start daily hep injections from 8 weeks due to having 3 early miscarriges - but they were over 4 years ago and ended about 5 weeks (chemical pregnancies really)- i had a succesful pregnancy with my son just 2 years ago and i was only put on aspirin then
i have just been told i need to keep on injecting myself till 36 weeks!! gutted. my belly is a bruised mess and i am worried about cutting myself and bleeding

but just wondered if maybe quite a few of us are on heparin - maybe its the norm now?! maybe i should just be thank ful for the extra safety net?
i am age 42

i just dont really understand why i am on it as i have no history of clotting disoders

I'm on aspirin only as I am classed as high risk for age and bmi xx I've had 5 miscarriages prior to this pregnancy.

Oh I just don't understand why I am on them then ! Doesn't help that I have not talked face to face with the doc who prescribed them- only through a third person via telephone ! Oh well I will just trust that it's the right thing to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back