anyone not feel preggers?

rosey

Reaction score
does anyone else forget that they are pregnant sometimes? i forget and have to remind myself, especially when a work doing a 13.5 hour shift! without a break my work colleagues have to keep reminding me and telling me to have a rest, but surely i am ok if i feel ok?

. With my boys I was working with horses and could go all day without feeling preggers in anyway. I kept getting asked if I wanted help with anything, or wanted this and that and 'you shouldn't be doing that'. It got quiet annoying in the end, I had been doing it a long time before I was preg so my body was used to it, and didn't see why I should stop, as long as I felt fine I would carry on. I just made sure I carried thing properly and not ride any horses that I didn't know well.I kept it up until 3 weeks before my due date but stopped riding at 5 months

As long as you feel up to it there,s no reason to stop.

Last edited:
I sometimes forget in my head even when I can feel him wriggling.....it's like he's always been there now lol.

My mw did say the other day that cos of the hormones that make us more flexible its actually easier to hurt ourselves so just make sure you do good manual handling etc. You might not realise you've hurt yourself for a while so remember to take it easy and relax when you can hun xxxxx

its really weird, i haven't been carrying heavy loads or anything i just work on a busy ward as am a nurse. Guess my body will tell me when its had enough, i know the day after a shift (13.5) if am not in the next day i sleep till like 11am which is not like me but i guess my body needs the rest :)

My LO is always wriggling about. I also have bad heartburn everyday (never had it pre preggers!) and sick a lot of the time! So baby never lets me forget! lol

I do home care so not many of them have motorised beds and hoists etc...I love it but sometimes it really hurts lol. Had to get another carer in the other day to do a bath, just couldn't safely do it on my own. I love the freedom of home care but miss being able to shout for someone else and them getting there in a minute or two lol xxxxxxxx

Lol babybrain looks like we do the same sort of job excet im residential support so i can shout for help. Didnt stop them from putting me on 2 weeks of nights with a male collegue in a house where weve 4 females who need manual handling help but its strange apart from soemtimes feeling my stomach is the size of three watermelons from being bloated i never feel pregnant. Ive been ridiculously lucky so far .. all ive had is headaches and constant toilet trips :) xx

hey girls i have had to slow down a little because i work in a kitchen so as long as i have someone in with me i'm usually ok i have had to be taken off opens (it involved me climbing up a ladder and lots of heavy lifting)

so i now work mid shifts and get to have a lie in every day! :D but i only ask for help if i feel i need it most things i still can do on my own just have to remember to take breaks and sit down every time i have a break! xxx

I used to forget I was pregnant early on, even with the sickness and running to the toilet to puke all the time! I'd feel crap and sorry for myself, but forget why it was happening!
But now I can feel movement and have a bump, it's very hard to forget!

Last edited:
i hope you girls have had your risk assessments done at work, don't be carrying and lifting anything, have a word with your boss :)

i hope you girls have had your risk assessments done at work, don't be carrying and lifting anything, have a word with your boss :)

Pffft you're kidding arent you! I'm starting my ML 2nd January. No risk assessment done whatsoever. Pathetic.

what really? thats really naughty of em and if something happened to you, you could probably sue them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back