• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone live or lived in Norfolk?

mookie

Reaction score
I'm looking to move to Norfolk, hopefully around Sheringham area. I just wondered what it was really like? I've only been there on holiday a couple of times so I would like an insiders view.
I don't remember what it feels like to be happy and it's the only place that I've been happy in the last couple of years (god that sounds awful!) I just want a quiet life and somewhere nice for DS to grow up, plus would be wonderful to live a lot further away from MIL!!:)

XXX

I live in norfolk! Not a million miles away from Sheringham, i usually take LO swimming there. it always seems quite nice when we go there But no idea what its like to live there you welcome to private message me If you like xx

I'm in Norfolk - although south Norfolk!!

Love the North Norfolk coast though.

I love the Norfolk coast! I just wish our house would hurry up and sell so we could move there! I know I really like Sheringham but are there any other areas that are really nice or are there any areas you think should be avoided?
The reason I really like Sheringham is because it's small, you have the local butcher and green grocer and I love that!! xx

There's been all sorts of court battles going on in Sheringham to try and stop Tesco's from building a store there.........sadly I *think* Tesco just won and got planning permission.

Most of Norfolk is still really quiet and old fashioned! Norwich iself is quite cosmopolitan, loads of shops if that's your thing! I love the good old fashioned seaside towns like Cromer, Sheringham, Hunstanton and Great Yarmouth and of course the beautiful Broads and access to the fabulous Thetford forests.

I find the only problem living here is getting out of the damn county!!! The roads infrastructure is atrocious!!

My OH was brought up in Glasgow and then moved around a bit with the RAF but he wouldn't live anywhere else!

Thank you so much! I really like sheringham because I want to be able to walk to the sea. I heard about tesco and I was really disappointed. I want to live somewhere quite small, Norwich scared me to death!! I want to be able to walk to the sea side and have all of the old independant little shops! Any ideas as to where that is would be fantastic as I actually don't know Norfolk at all! I've been on holiday to Great Yarmouth a couple of times but I got a little nervous in the evening when there were loads of teenagers being loud and generally scared! God listen to me I sound like an OAP!! I'm only 24!!!

Hunstanton is quite nice and peacefull Im personally Not that keen on great Yarmouth its a bit to busy for my liking! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back