OH/Moving in worries :(

Bee7

Reaction score
Seriously not in the christmas spirit today. Me and OH have been given the go ahead to move into our new rented house at the beginning of Jan which should be a happy thing but instead has just caused loads of rows. We can't agree when would be best to move and have fell out over the contract etc. He annoys me because if someone doesn't agree with his opinion he gets nasty. I've lived with him before and know what it can get like, i don't want us rowing loads when babys born.

He hasn't really done anything so bad that i can say i can't live with him, i just worry that we're not going to get on :( pointless post, sorry xx

Seriously not in the christmas spirit today. Me and OH have been given the go ahead to move into our new rented house at the beginning of Jan which should be a happy thing but instead has just caused loads of rows. We can't agree when would be best to move and have fell out over the contract etc. He annoys me because if someone doesn't agree with his opinion he gets nasty. I've lived with him before and know what it can get like, i don't want us rowing loads when babys born.

He hasn't really done anything so bad that i can say i can't live with him, i just worry that we're not going to get on :( pointless post, sorry xx

Sweetie,

I highlight above what concerns me?

Are you sure this is the kind of guy you want to be living with once bub comes along?

Where do you live now?

Any chance of postponing the move at all?

Not a pointless post at all :)

Unfortunately none of us can tell you what to do in this case, it's a completely your choice type of deal.

I would think hard about what you really want and how you really feel about him, is it possible that just at this moment your not really liking him, I know I get like that with hubby sometimes :)

I think that could quite possibly be it lol. We've been together and broken up before, and i know people say you should never go backwards but now that a baby is involved i feel that the right thing to do is give it one last chance. He has changed a lot and in general we get on a lot better now.

Unfortunately i can't postpone the move and i'll be moving into the house with or without him - we're renting off my family's friends and i need somewhere for when baby is born anyway. The way we row sometimes is just upsetting and i don't want to put baby in a disruptive household. I guess the only thing i can do is see how it goes and if it doesn't work out between us hopefully we'll know sooner rather than later. I just feel sad because this should be a happy time and it's just stressful and upsetting more than anything xxx

Will the lease be totally in your name hun?

If so then at least you have that safe guard?

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
You need to think carefully hun. Dont jump in unles you are 100% sure it is what you want and you beleive it is going to work.

Hope you have a good christmas hun. Dont be stresing xxx

I think he'd like to be named on the contract too, which i understand. But because the house belongs to friends of MY family, i'm pretty sure i'd be guarateed to stay there if things went wrong. After all, contract or no contract it's up to them who lives in their house xxx

I think he'd like to be named on the contract too, which i understand. But because the house belongs to friends of MY family, i'm pretty sure i'd be guarateed to stay there if things went wrong. After all, contract or no contract it's up to them who lives in their house xxx

Legally if it's a joint tenancy there is no way your OH can be evicted regardless of who the landlord is - he is a tenant same as you with the same rights.

Personally I'd maybe tell a white lie and say he can't go on the lease... or even better be honest and tell him that if all is well in 6 months (tenancies are usually reviewed every 6 months) then you'll put his name down.

Good luck

xxxxxxxxxx

Legally if it's a joint tenancy there is no way your OH can be evicted regardless of who the landlord is - he is a tenant same as you with the same rights.

Personally I'd maybe tell a white lie and say he can't go on the lease... or even better be honest and tell him that if all is well in 6 months (tenancies are usually reviewed every 6 months) then you'll put his name down.

Good luck

xxxxxxxxxx

This sounds like a good idea and gives you sometime and flexibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back