• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone live near or been to Longleat?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
We are going to visit Longleat in June and are planning to stay in a travel lodge. We are trying to decide whether to stay in the travel lodge for one night or two. Does anyone know if there are any other decent attractions nearby because if there are then we will probably stay for two nights and if not we will just stay for one. When I say attractions I mean something that we can do for the whole day.

Im not sure about nearby attractions, but you could definitely fill up 2 days at longleat!

Have a look here for all the stuff you can do there, loads of stuff for kids!

http://www.longleat.co.uk/attractions.html

We went a couple of summers ago and want to go again this summer as we couldnt fit everything in.

We saw tigers humping, and we stopped right by a pack of lions sleeping. The big male got up, stretched, looked at us (about 6 feet away from car lol) thought about coming over to say hello but then just laid back down and went to sleep....it was an amazing moment!

Watch out for those little rhesus monkey's though, they loved our car and pulled the seal off our back window :lol:

We have been twice in a year! My DH loves the Zoo! Went with his sister and brother -in-law whcih was nice.

I imagine you could do it in 2 days - you have the zoo, the house, train and boat ride, maze and loads of childrens attractions. Monkey world is about an hours drive from there as well so i guess you could do that for a secxond day if you cram it all in. (Might need to check distance as an hours drive is a DH pace!)

i'd love to go to longleat. apparantly i went as a child, but i don't remember it :(

would love to take my kids when they are a little older!

We went to Longleat last summer. They have a campsite in the grounds so we stayed there in our campervan for 2 nights. Longleat is wicked! We are going again this year. You get a passport thingy when you go in and they tick off the attractions as you use them. There loads to do and see :D

lou said:
We went to Longleat last summer. They have a campsite in the grounds so we stayed there in our campervan for 2 nights. Longleat is wicked! We are going again this year. You get a passport thingy when you go in and they tick off the attractions as you use them. There loads to do and see :D

Theres a campsite? I didnt know that!!! ooooh thats what we'll be doing this year then!

hmmmmm having ponderings of a possible meet for those with kids old enough to enjoy it.......

hi i live near it.

yeah it will take u 2 days to do every thing if you buy a passport ticket. its soo good there, shame it cost so much or i would go once a month :cheer:

if you want more things to do, there is clarks factory shopping village in street and glastonbury not to far away.

also a wookey hole and cheddar gorge arent too far away.

glitzyglamgirl said:
lou said:

Theres a campsite? I didnt know that!!! ooooh thats what we'll be doing this year then!

hmmmmm having ponderings of a possible meet for those with kids old enough to enjoy it.......

Yeah but unfortunately its a caravan club site so no tents. Only caravans, motorhomes and campervans.

Look...
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/revie ... revid=2821

Its a wicked campsite though if you fancied hiring a caravan to tow down there :D

theres a few of us already arranging a meet this spring time, lisa&alex and midna and a few others i think ??? should we maybe make it a sticky and see if any one else wants to join us?

when we went to longleat for the day we were on holiday in the new forest, can't remember how far the drive was but the new forest is beautiful and very central to southampton, bournemouth and the surrounding areas.

have a great time also how did it go at the aquariam? did jake love it?

oh yeah and theres also a centre parks right next to Longleat too if you wanted somewhere to stay thats close by :)

I'd love to go to centre parks :wink: You can't camp there though :(

Hello, yeh i lived near Longleat growing up...its the best! You could probley fill 2days there quite eaisly but if you wanted to do two diffrent things then Wookey Hole is amazing! Glastonbury Tor is okay if you like walking and are intrested in that sort of thing probley not good if you have very young kids because you wont wanna be pulling a pushchair up there!!! Clarks villiage is great its really cute and good for shopping!

Theres also cricket st thomas...havent been there for years though and near Longleat theres a little place called Heavens Gate. Its only a short walk but you can look over longleat grounds from the top and its beautiful on a sunny day.... I lived in a place called Shepton Mallet...you really dont want to go there!
:rotfl: Centre parks is brilliant there too!

Wheres the travel lodge your staying in I might know some places close?

ohhhhh i know shepton mallet, i try not to venture to near there :rotfl:

paradysso said:

Hahaha its hell on earth isnt it!!! Where abouts are you?

Gingercubes said:
Wheres the travel lodge your staying in I might know some places close?

Travelodge Warminster Hotel
Moto Service Area, A36 / A350 Bypass
Warminster BA12 7RU

Hummmm Im not sure of places in Warminster but if your going from Plymouth then you have to go through Exeter and Creeleys there Creeleys really good too! (Im not sure which way you will be going but when i visit my parents I always end up neer Creeley)

Thanks for your replies. I think we might just go to Longleat but i'm not sure if it will take us 1 or 2 days with a passport. I can see how it would take 2 days with older children because they want to stop to do things but Jake will only be 19 months old. :think: :think: :think:

I might just book two nights in the travel lodge and if we manage to get around Longleat in a day me and SIL will have to go shopping and OH and his brother will have to find something else to do the next day.

Gingercubes said:
paradysso said:

Hahaha its hell on earth isnt it!!! Where abouts are you?
Gillingham... NR Shaftesbury.. you know it?

Yeeehhhh :D I think Ive driven near there a few times

:oops: Im now embarrised of the hell hole I was brung up in hehehee. It really is terrible I think it gets worse every time i go there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back