Anyone know what this is? (skanky hand rash!)

Me, My Girls & I

Reaction score
The last couple of weeks I've developed a right skanky rash on my hands, Which is spreading up my arms! I thought it was just dry skin at first, then my mum said excema (I've never had it before!) and then someone said it was from cleaning products! But it's getting worse, it's spreading to my fingers and up mu arms! I can't wear rubber gloves and it hurts to hold the girls hands! My dad said earlier he thinks it's a skin infection and it's going to spread all over my body :shock: going to the docs next week, but I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas!

c1238416-615b-abd8.jpg

c1238425-6177-d7a0.jpg

c123842e-6194-0f7f.jpg

c1238425-61ab-2199.jpg

Sorry if the pics are massive, I'm using tapatalk!

Hun is it hurting below the skin level? Like nerve pain?

Shingles is a possibility, can be Stress triggered.... My mate's started off like this on her shoulder, we thought she'd been allergic to something!!

Hope it's not though!!!!!!!

Lxx

its not hurting below the skin, but my joints are kinda sore, like typing and texting just feels weird! bloody hope its not shingles!

Really hope it's not either hun :(

:hugs:

Lxx

will have a look at that now thanks :thumbup: just realised those pics are awful and make my hands look massive too! i've got really small hands really!

Could possibly be Pityriasis Rosea? There's a link there for ya.
I've had that before, looked quite similar to start. It goes away in a few weeks usually.

Things like Eczema & Psorisis are usually a bit redder and itchier. If in doubt, see your GP :) x

Looking at the 1st 2 pic's I'd say phorisis sp? But the other two don't look like that! Could it be an allergy? It looks abit like a rash a girl I work with has and her's is an allergy to the skincare products we use.
Sorry I can't be much more help! x x

heulyn, i dont htink its that, cos it doesnt mention it being on the hands and arms! it is really itchy, could possibly be psorisis! it started as little spots and has spread to bigger chunks! the only product ive changed is using fairy liquid rather than morning fresh, but i always use gloves! going to go and get it checked out next week, my dad's well freaked me out saying its a disease!

My hands have been going crazy the past week, red, covered, sore, even water going on them is so sore, drying is almost impossible.. When I put moisturizer on it goes 10 times worse and is so painful.. Useless for you hun but hoping I can get some light shed on this too because I'm boggled x

I can see where lander is coming from saying shingles because that's EXACTLY how mine looked! I think you would be ill by now though tbh. X

Could b dermatitis? Especially if it's just on hands and arms. I had pitiriasis rosea (sp) a few years ago and was absolutely covered but didn't look like that-I also had a herald patch with it that doc thought was impetigo to start with.

Or could just b excema xx

Hi there, sorry to but in but that looks like contact dermatitis which you normally get on your hands as it is your hands that you normally use for everything!! Is there anything that you have used for the first time or being used more recently? It will only go when you stop using that product, in the mean time try to use gloves were possible to avoid contact and see how it goes. Try not to use moisturiser on it as it will smother it and block pores making it look worse, if it gets really uncomfortable use soemthing bland like E45. It may also have shown up if you have a low immune system from being run down etc?
xxx

Thanks Mrs N, I had put on vaseline moisturizer (all of my others are fragranced and would have stung) I have some e45 and sudocrem, will give these a go along with the gloves :flower:

i've just been struggling on with it :lol: its gone more scabby ad looks sorer, but its actually feeling better! i cant really think of anything different i've used, so god knows what its from!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back