Anyone know much about turf?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
We put the turf down in our garden last Sunday and since then it's hardly rained. I do like the sun but it's no good for my garden. The turf has started to lift up at the edges and die in places and i'm stressing about what to do. We have been watering it once a day in the evening with a watering can because we havn't got an outside tap and hosepipe. We havn't got a very big garden but after about 15 trips to the kitchen the garden is watered but i'm unsure if it's watered enough. So am I meant to water it in the evening and do I need to water it more. Help me save the turf please

Hi we have just put down a new lawn.

Water it loads especially the edges make sure they are soaking and then walk on it . I know it says not to but you need to get the roots in contact with the soil.

try to water in morning and evening .

Ours is growing great style now . Just have to get used to mowing it now

You have to water it loads and loads!
We laid a whole new lawn last summer and a bit of my mums (where the greenhouse was) a few weeks back.
Last summer we had our sprinkler on everynight for ages. Could you not run a long hose from your kitchen maybe?

I wouldn't walk directly on it, maybe put a plank of wood down first :think:

Yup loads and loads of water, a sprinker if poss.

Also you could get some seed for the edges :)

Will a hose connect to the kitchen tap or do I need one of those outside taps?

We laid a new lawn a few months back with some god turf i watered it each day and now its crap because it started to die off after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back