• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone have pets?

Hi,
Staffies are very well known to be excellent with children, but as a rule with any dog, as long as you never leave them alone together, even for a second you'll be fine.

Limiting where your dog can and can't go within the home is actually beneficial for the dog as they learn that you are the boss with the control and makes all the decisions. You could put a child gate on the front room door just to confirm this and will give you piece of mind, also the dog can see exactly whats going on in the room and not left out so won't resent the baby. The dog hair issue will always be there if a dog is allowed anywhere in the house, carpets are hard to clean with fur but as long as your dog is clean, and you keep up with worming, ticks and fleas as mentioned before you shouldn't have a problem. Introduce them slowly but give as much affection as you normally would to your dog, play with him on his own also at least once a day.

It will be fine, good luck.

Bev x x :wave:

What about cats then? They should be ok shouldnt they?

JaidyBaby said:
What about cats then? They should be ok shouldnt they?

they say u shudnt go around cat poo when your preggy.. midwife told me that as well

No I meant after the birth lol, like your worried about your dog and baby I was thinking about cats and baby?

I think the problem with cats is they tend to be over loving and like the heat a new baby generates. I didnt have this problem as my cats were scared shitless of Jessica. I only have 1 left and he is fine with her. He tolerates her and knows she wont hurt him. She is very gentle with him but doesnt really show a major interest. I let her tip his iams into his bowl so he thinks she feeds him.

There is nothing wrong with being over protective :D

Ebony have you got a dyson? You know the newer ones have a special turbo tool for pet hair its the animal version, specially designed to get animal hair up better.

I have 6 cats running around at the moment and i know what you mean about the hair its soooo annoying it goes everywhere! but baby wont be mobile for a while and when bubs is he will probably not sit picking hair out of the carpet, as long as you vac regularily i dont see any problem.

Contact with cat poo should be avoided in case of toxoplasmosis (is that the right one) lol.

Alan usually does the cat litter out but as he is in germany i am doing it at the moment with the scooper so im not getting any contact with the poo, then i was my hands and then i use milton antibac hand scrub on them tom.

Cas x

Yeah I think my cats will prob be sh*t scared of the baby anyhow they are quite nervy!

Smudge is scared of anything that sprays lmao!

Its funny that, cats hate it dont they!! Anything that makes that hissing sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back