anyone had this? worried! *UPDATED* :D

trixipaws

Reaction score
had our 7-month check yesterday, HV said not 2 worry bout this but cant help it.

she took millie's tights and nappy off, and pulled her legs straight, and checked the creases in the fat on her inner thighs.

one was higher than the other, which CAN indicate hip problems :(
altho she said its USUALLY nothing.

at docs 2mro, but scared! who's been 2 docs and been told its fine? (or not! :( )

Hey hun, look on the bright side at least your HV told you not to worry, mine told me to make an apontment ASAP, really worried me

I took Jack to the doctors and he looked at me like i was mad for making the appointment, when i explained what the HV had said he just rolled his eyes and said it was nothing to worry about and that he had seen a few people that week being referred from that HV and he was going to have words as it was normal in all the babies he had seen

Sorry for essay but hope that makes you feel batter that there will be nothing to worry about

thanx jo, thats reassuring.

newmum, yes she had a hip test at one day old and also at 6 weeks when we went for our checks, i asked because when i change her nappy her ankles often click.

hope its nothing :pray:

Have no experience of this :( sorry
Just wanted to send these to both of you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

trixipaws said:
she took millie's tights and nappy off, and pulled her legs straight, and checked the creases in the fat on her inner thighs.

one was higher than the other, which CAN indicate hip problems :(
altho she said its USUALLY nothing.

Evie had this picked up on a check when she was only a few days old, we ended up being referred for a hip scan when she was about 10 weeks old. Its a bit daunting but TBH I was just glad they were looking out for her. The scan ended up showing nothing was wrong.

I wouldn't worry (easy for me to say!) its quite a crude test anyway and it seems it really is usually nothing :D

ah i'm sure it will all be fine- they said not to worry so thats a good sign-
babies never lie straight enough for them to tell properly!
hope it all goes well anyway hun xx

thanx 4 ur replies everyone :hug:

the doc said shes fine, nothin wrong with her! he was a bit :roll: about the HV too, docs probably see loadsa babies about this!
i mentiond her clicky ankle and he checked all her leg joints, which were all fine. :cheer:

ah great news :)
whats wrong with HV's mine was mental
i havent seen her since hayden was 2 months old!

Why do health visitors always HAVE to try and find something wrong?! :roll: Got a bee in my bonnet about them lately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back