anyone had acid reflux? :(

Constantstar

Reaction score
Suddenly got acid reflux over the past week :( its been waking me up in the night and been getting it in the evening it late evening too. Anyone else had this and got any tips on how to deal with this or what we are allowed to take? Thank you xx

I've had it for ages and was taking gaviscon for it but it's only got worse and worse and now been prescribed ranitidine from the doctor which had helped. Try gaviscon and rennie but if it gets bad ask the doctor for something stronger. I feel your pain though as it can be so sore and burns x

Hi Hun, I had this really bad for about three months. my baby has been breech for a while too, which makes it worse. she has just turned so it's not as bad now. I have to say I found it one of the worst pregnancy symptoms. it gets worse if you bend down or lie down especially within a few hours of eating. Tips: I drank milk constantly, it really helps, before and after eating (which is good for baby's bones anyway) If you have washing, cleaning etc to do where you need to bend down try to do it before breakfast. when you first go to bed use about three pillows and suck on a rennie or a gaviscon tablet (you can take both of these without worrying) I used to get rid of the pillows on my first night trip to loo. Make sure your bra or over bump trousers are loose. Anything round the chest makes it worse. Good luck with it xx

I've had it but not too bad thankfully, have been using rennie and it helps enough... It is worse on some days though and then I just bitch and moan to OH and it makes me feel a little better lol x

gaviscon and milk have plenty of them, I have had this realy bad from the start, only gets worse as well :(. try and watch what you eat as I have noticed certain things tend to make it worse, like eating chocolate, oranges, drinking tea, bread and alpen bars seem to set it off more for me. Its probably different for everyone though.

Wow..nanc my baby is breech maybe this is whyim getting it, I don't think he's moved yet!? Thanks for the advice ladies. Had such a bad night with it :( I don't really drink milk apart from a cup of tea as I don't like taste so will go today and but some rennie or gaviscon as its really really horrible!! Tmi but it reminds me when uve thrown up so much the bile burns ur throat! Eww its horrid :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back