Anyone had a prolapse?

MrsMcc

Reaction score
I'm usually a lurker so I apologise for not posting much but this isn't something I can ask most people about and I know none of my family have had this.

I'm 34 weeks with my 3rd baby in 4 years. ( girls aged 3.10 and 2.5 )
On Friday just gone I had tightening every 5 mins I went to sleep and they stopped however when I woke I had a lot of pressure and felt like my waters were bulging. I had pain when walking and definitely when turning in bed.

Around 4pm before I had a shower I thought I'd get the mirror and have a look. Well what I saw freaked me out something was hanging just inside me hole. I rang triage and went to hospital.

The doctor told me my virginal wall had prolapsed and my cervix was low. She popped in something called a vaginal pessary? It's a large rubber ring to hold my bits back.

I'm very upset I can still hardly walk and up most of the night as I struggle to turn over I'm only 26 and just feel like an old lady I've gone in to some sort of depression.

What will happen.after baby? Do I have spd as well as the pain is mainly in my public bone?

Oh you poor thing! Sorry I have no useful information but I hope you get it sorted soon xx

Never experienced this or heard of it but didn't want to read and run. I hope it gets sorted out for you soon , sounds painful. Try to stay positive and focus on the blessings in your life. I wish you well.

I went to see midwife today.

I've been having contractions since it was put in. She made me an appointment with consultant to talk about labour with a prolapse. Turns out it's my vaginal wall and cervix prolapse. I'd say my cervix is about 1-2cm inside. I think I'm going to go get it taken out Monday, I feel like it's dropped and setting off contractions. Kinda like when you put a tampon in wrong and need to push it up further ��

Oh glad you're seeing a consultant and hopefully it'll all be sorted soon. Keep us updated xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back