Anyone had a HyCosy?

Baileys-Angel

Reaction score
Hi All :wave:
Im going for a HyCosy on Friday and im terrified. Can anyone tell me what it entails?
Im scared they are going to tell me my tubes are blocked :( xxx

I've never heard of one, but good luck.
Is it where they put the dye in the tubes by any chance?

i have never heard of it hunny just wanted to say hi :wave: welcome to the forum and all the best :hug:

i have no idea what that is however i wanted to say :wave: :hug:

I had one done in March.

It's nothing to worry about hun, it was a bit uncomfy but not too bad.
It's similar to an HCG (?) but instead of going though vis a laparoscopy they go through vaginally.
With me they did and internal ultrasound first to check for anything obvious, then they inserted a catheter through my cervix and into my womb (not as bad as it sounds lol), think they also put a tiny balloon just on the inside of my womb to stop the dye coming out. They then injected dye into me and waited for it to flow up my tubes, they saw this via the internal ultrasound.

My results were good.

Good luck hun, hope all goes well :hug:

Hi :wave:
Thanks for your info and the Good Luck messages. I feel a lot better now that i know what i am in for :wink: . I keep telling myself that when in watching Corrie on Friday nite it will all be over. Im glad that we will get the results then and there also, i'll let you know how i get on. Take care and Babydust to all xxxxxx

Hey Ladies :wave:
Sorry for late reply. Went to hospital on Friday, had the internal ultrasound to check my ovaries then when she pulled it out (sorry tmi) i had started bleeding so the doc said it was too dangerous to inject the solution to check the fallopian tubes and it would push the "discharge" back into the tubes which could cause infection. I have to go back again after my next period (i was devastated) and the next appointment is on my birthday (even more devastated !!). Even worse, we couldnt have unprotected sex this month and we have been told we cant have it after the Hyscosy either so thats two months of TTC we have missed. Im on a proper downer now xx

Sorry ladies :(
I will have a word with myself and be fine again tomorrow. To make things worse we had family over and went to Gullivers World yesterday and i think every single pregnant woman in the whole wide world was there yesterday. Everywhere i looked there were gangs of them taunting me ha ha, Mum said im just a bit sensitive and of course she is right :lol:

Bugger :( well that wont be a birthday you'll forget in a hurry! just hope the outcome is a great present :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back