Anyone going to NCT classes and or NHS parent classes?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

The classes I'm talking about are the ones that are for 2 hours one evening every week over a number of weeks (5 wks in our area). The next course on the NHS is 9th Jan in my area.

What I was wondering is, has anyone been on the NHS ones and the NCT ones - did they cover the same things? How long before your due date did you attend the classes? I'm due 8th Feb so I think the ones on 9th Jan are a bit close?

Thanks for any advice

Lucy

We have enrolled on the NCT classes, but I haven't been on one yet.

They come recommeded though, so should be quite helpful

Hi Sarah

I enrolled for the classes today - up here they are over a weekend and then one session on the following wednesday.

When do yours start?

No one has mentioned the NCT classes, how do you enroll for those?

Best to go to the National childbirth trust website and dig out details for your local area.

I would join sooner rather than later as they are very popular.

You have to pay about £150 to join the charity, go to all the classes and then receive the ongoing support from all the other mums and dads and councillors afterwards.

From what I have seen, the ongoing support with breastfeeding etc is very good but I haven't done it yet.

My classes are in december and then I have a full day class just after my 30th birthday.

Hello

Down here we havew prenatal in a day which is one session lasting all day or the normal prenatal classes which is every wednesday for 6 weeks. My classes start Nov 9th and end Dec 14thth and my due date is Jan 14th so i think the time your doing yours is a bit late maybe by a few weeks because you might not be able ot finish them before your baby comes, if i were you ide double check. Hope i helped.
Katrina :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back