Parent craft classes, moving, Xmas - Help, am so stressed!

L-Kate

Reaction score
I'm moving house in two weeks (just found out) as our house has bad mould, work is getting me down and am worried about inhaling mould spores whilst pregnant. Can't even think about Christmas as the thought of moving is stressing me out. Am 23 weeks and haven't signed up to parent craft classes yet either. Saw my midwife today who said I should have signed up by now as places go fast which on top of everything else is making me panic. Am relocating to Ware in Hertfordshire and I don't know the area at all. I looked up the area on the internet for local parent craft classes but can't seem to find any nearby. Is anyone familiar with this area? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I guess I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the upheaval going on. Maybe it's just the hormones but can't seem to see the wood for the trees right now. Sorry for the moan!

I guess you'll need to register with a doctor/midwife in your new area and think about which hospital you'll be going to. Maybe the doctors/midwives will be able to help you with finding parent classes and support groups in the area. Hope the move goes well for you :hug:

Hi honey, if you're now in Ware I'm assuming you'll be having your baby at the QE2 in Welwyn or the Lister in Stevenage? If so they will register you for antenatal classes in Welwyn/Stevenage or even at the hospital. Alternatively once you are registered at a doctors surgery they should have their own classes in Ware.

The classes at the hospital are usually good as you may get to meet the midwives that may be delivering your baby. You also have the option of NCT classes which are also very good.

I had my daughter at the QE2 and will be having this one there too and think they are amazing so feel free to ask if you have any questions

X

Thank you both so much - I guess registering at the local doctors is the first step. I will have to research the local hospitals but QE2 Welwyn sounds good. Haven't been feeling that good about Enfield Chase anyway - at each scan the sonographers have not been sympathetic (ie. had strong pains at 6 weeks, but the woman laughed at me and said "but you're pregnant!") then they "lost" my white notes and my blood samples so not going to miss the experiences I've had there. I guess if we didn't have to move things wouldn't seem so bad.
Thanks ladies, your support is so great. Am feeling calmer. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back