Anyone feel like me?

emilia

Reaction score
Hi there'
I'm over the morning sickness and no doubt it is the honeymoon period I'm going through, however, I keep thinking that I'm NOT pregnant anymore!! I guess I'm not suffering from nausea anymore and when I last went for a scan (at 12 weeks) everything was great. My tummy is growing which in itself should be reassuring........... BUT I just can't shift my thinking pattern.
Perhaps I have too much time on my hands at the moment and I guess it's quite normal to worry anyway. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thoughts.
Bye bye
Emilia x :?

Hi Emilia!

I felt like you, so I hired a doppler for a month and that reassured me a lot, listening to babys heartbeat everyday! Have sent it back now though. From 16+ weeks I felt flutterings which was reassuring and over the last couple weeks more stronger movements, kick like movements, but not all the time.

I started to get worried today as I hadn't felt any of these movements since yesterday morning and I know it seems a bit neurotic but I was hoping baby was ok........ Our 20 weeks scan is a 22 weeks on the 20th July and absolutly can't wait for that so we can see if every thing is ok......... wish we could check on baby when ever we wanted with an ultra sound.......suppose you need a friend who is a sonographer though....lol! :lol:

I am sure your bubs is doing just fine and we all have to try an control our panic-y side........

Sarah x

Hi Sarah
Thanks for your kind and reassuring reply! I don't know of any doppler hiring facility in this country, but I think I might go and see the nurse tomorrow just for a little reassurance. Suppose I could also see GP at surgery and have scan for about £30. Might be a worthwhile exercise!

I can imagine your excitement with the 20 week scan. I'm going for a detailed scan at 22 weeks early August. Are you keen to find out the sex of your baby? Good luck and keep us posted!!
Kindest Regards
Emilia :D

i'm coming up to 25 weeks now and if i don't feel baby move for a while i get really anxious, i think everyone goes through it, i suffered with morning sickness up until week 17 when i started feling baby move so i didn't have that gap of feeling nothing at all. My bubs tends to be really active for 3 or 4 days and then hardly moves for 2 days, this really worried me at 1st but i've got used to her pattern now :)

Well I am at the stage where I am waiting for the first scan but lots of the early symptoms have stopped. Apart from feeling a bit tired I don't feel pregnant at all. I also am not showing any signs of a real bump yet, so yes, I know exactly how you feel.

The DH and I are longing for the scan now in two weeks so we can actually believe that there is something in there! We are trying not to get excited because today it almost feels like I have imagined the whole thing. I don't look or feel pregnant at all!

Roll on the scan so that we can actually start to believe it!

Thats a shame Emilia as the doppler hire site I got mine from only covers The EU, worth looking on the internet though, as there may be one that does world wide delivery?

So you will be having a scan at 22 weeks as well then, like me. I could of had it a bit earlier (about 21 weeks) and when I feel unsure I think, shall I bring the appointmnet forward, as pregnancy is such a waiting game, but I think the scan will be more detailed at 22 weeks so hopefully a better chance to pick up on things and the sex!! We would like a little girl as I already have two step-sons.

Lets us know of any up-dates.

Sarah x

Yippeeeee... all is well!!!!
Popped into my surgery before lunch. GP tried to find heartbeat with doppler thingy (they don't call it doppler here) but couldn't detect anything. She did a quick scan and there it was - beating brilliantly clear! I had to look away as I don't want to know the sex of this baby - I'm sure the GP had a good lookie though!!!

Here in SA it is standard to get a "Detailed Doppler Scan" at 22 weeks. It takes about an hour and everything is looked at in great detail AND in colour!!! The sex is then determined if you want to know, but it really is to detect any defects in baby that may require special assistance at birth or immediately after.
I was also reassured today that my placenta had moved upwards, as it was low lying before. Relief!!!!!
Ouch, I'm just so relieved! I'm celebrating with an extra large Crunchie choccie tonight!! I was so nauseas with my other 2 children that I really can't believe that it's possible to feel this good......... I hope you all feel the same!!!
Thanks again for all you feedback. I really appreciated it!!! :D
Emilia

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back