Anyone experienced the same please?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by DubChick, Aug 12, 2019.

1. DubChick

DubChick Well-Known Member

Hi.

I was on the mini pill for 8 years, doubling up for the last 3 years due to severe migraines when af was due. I came off the pill in May and I'm waiting for af to start for the third time since then. My last 2 cycles have been 27 days, today is cd28 and ovia is assuming I ovulated on cd14. I haven't been temping or using opks so won't know for sure. I've had pink spotting on cd 25, then brown spotting for the last 2 days. I did a pregnancy test on cd 25 which was negative. I have no headache which I have had the last two cycles, I always get it the day before af is due. We dtd on cd13/14 and cd20/21.

I'm thinking that I either ovulated late this month (symptoms on cd21) or not at all, and my cycles are just getting back to normal??

I have no pg symptoms at all; when I've been pregnant before I've always known 5 days before af is due so I'm thinking it's not that.

Have any of you ladies had different length cycles for a few months after coming off the pill please?

Thank you!

Babydust to all xx

#1 DubChick, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. Lollypop79

Lollypop79 Well-Known Member

Yes very common when come off birth control. For some women it can take a few months to get cycles back to normal. I was on cerazette (mini pill) a few years ago and when I came off my cycles were all over. Took a few months to settle x x

3. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

Same. I was on the mini pill and it took a while for my cycles to become regular.

4. DubChick

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. Before I went on the pill my cycles were 32 days long, so I'm wondering if my body is extending on cycles a little bit each month. X

5. DubChick

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. Before I was on the pill my cycles were 32 days long, so I'm wondering if my body is extending them a bit at a time at the moment x

6. mme83

mme83 New Member

Yes i was on cerazette also, had 30-32 day cycles before the pill now I have 26-29 day cycles. I also spot 2-3 days before af some months. Been TTC #2 for 20 months now.

7. DubChick

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. I did a test yesterday with a bfn result so am thinking my body is just extending my cycles over the course of a few months. I've had 1 or 2 days of spotting before af the last 2 months, but this is going on longer this time. Fingers crossed af arrives soon so we can get on with the next month.

Babydust to you! X