anyone elses hubby not interested

mrsbrickelltobe

Reaction score
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh need to rant!

i get really jelous reading about other peoples hubbys, mine just isnt showing any interest at all.
We tried for so long for this baby that perhaps i just thought hed be over the moon. I neverget asked how im feeling, he comes in and bangs on about his day etc, i never get the back rubs i hear others talking about, or the detours to the shop late at night just coz their wifes are craving something.

Hi brother recently had a baby and all i hear is about how his brother would go to the 24hr shop late at night coz she fancied ice cream, and how he cried when he felt baby move.

Whenever i ask him to feel baby he says stuf like, i told you i cant feel it yet.... anything not to bother

i was a single mother the first time and tbh i feel exactly like a single mother again :cry:

:cry: sorry...l. rant over

oh and i know youll all say hel show interest when the babys here, but you know what? i think thats too late, we're going to do this once together, it feels hypocritical to me to all of a sudden be interested because shes here.... what about now?

sorry i said rant was over didnt i?!!!

You're not alone. Mine isn't at all interested at the moment. It's not like he's having second thoughts, or is negative about it, he's just indifferent.
He's someone who doesn't get worked up about stuff though so I think he just doesn't think it's a big deal yet as it's so far away.
I'm sure they'll both get more enthusiastic as the big event gets nearer :hug: :hug:

ETA: Thinking about it Im wondering if mine is a but worried about the birth cos he wasn't there when James was born and missed out on most of the pregnancy (we split up when I found out I was pregnant, and didn't get back together till he was 3 months old. Is it your OH's first baby? Maybe they're both uintimidated cos we've been through it before and know what to expect and they don't? :think:
I think we both need to have a talk to our OH's and find out whats going through their heads

my OH goes through fits and starts, but isn't overly excited. i haven't had any random food desires at odd hours but reckon he'd probably make the trek for me. and since his misbehaviour at the weekend, the back rubs have become a lot more forthcoming. but as midna says, we're mum's already, and it takes quite a lot to remind OH that he's now a dad; i just don't think it seems that real to men when its their first child.

i reckon they'll get better as it gets closer to the time, and i've decided that we will find out the sex on friday cos i think that will help make it more real to my OH too.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

It's sad when I read threads like this :(

My OH is so into this pregnancy that he barely leaves me alone. I don't mean that he is always by my side or anything or always has his hands all over me but he's interested in every twinge, everything I feel and won;t go to sleep at night until he uses the doppler to hear the heartbeat and rubs the bio-oil onto my belly.

Perhaps talking to your OH's will help? Let them know that you don't feel that they are taking enough of an interest. I know some men find it hard to deal with and others get more involved once they see the bump and can feel movements.

my hubby's the same. He bought a pregnancy book fir dads to shut me up (im always moaning that he's not interested) and thats been shut away in a drawer for 2 months.....hasnt even loked at it. I have to literally shove my magazines right in his face for him to read the development bit, just so he knows how big the bubba is now and stuff. I honestly dont even think he knows how far along i am :(

feel relieved that my OH seems to be in a majority rather than a minority. i bought my OH the pregnancy for blokes book too - its just sat on the shelf ever since.

to be honest, it bugs me sometimes, but its not like he's completely dismissive of the whole thing. he kisses my belly goodbye in the morning and has started talking to it with his mouth pressed right up, which makes me laugh.

i'm almost happy for him to hold on to his last vestiges of semi-normality cos in february its going to change forever.

doesn't mean i'm not just a little bit jealous of you though debbie :lol:

I am sorry to hear that, I think its terrible when you are left to it. My OH can't leave me alone neither, we work together also so he always pops over to see me and asks if I am OK as I have had about 15 weeks of sickness (its gone now though...yey)

He even reads the posts on thos forum when I let go of the laptop, and then tells me all the stories, he was panicking a little at the scan yesterday because of things he had read.

I am glad he is there for me because it makes it more real for both of us.

Crystal xx

It's not that mine isn't interested but the novelty seems to have worn off a bit.

He's working hard so at night he gets into bed and rolls over and goes to sleep. I don't think he'd go out to the petrol station if I demanded choc and although I have been saying it since day one, if anything happened and I had to go to hospital at night, I'd probably still have to drive myself after he has had a couple of glasses of wine! Oh - and I am still changing the cat litter... :evil:

I don't think he realises how uncomfortable it can be to have such a big lump in front of you or what its like to ache every time you roll over or stand up.

purple13 said:
feel relieved that my OH seems to be in a majority rather than a minority. i bought my OH the pregnancy for blokes book too - its just sat on the shelf ever since.

to be honest, it bugs me sometimes, but its not like he's completely dismissive of the whole thing. he kisses my belly goodbye in the morning and has started talking to it with his mouth pressed right up, which makes me laugh.

i'm almost happy for him to hold on to his last vestiges of semi-normality cos in february its going to change forever.

Sorry :(

DebbieM said:
purple13 said:

Sorry :(

don't be daft :D :D OH might not be the most enthusiastic in the world, and he might be a bit of a prat sometimes, but i know how much he loves me, and i know he'll be a great daddy when the time comes :hug:

I'm sure he will be too!!! :D

And Kim - shoosh! haha! :rotfl:

Mine surprised me the other day. I had just bought pregnancy & birth magazine and it had a baby name book free with it.
No sooner as I opened it OH snatched the baby name book off me and started reading it. It's lovely that he's taking an interest, only problem is he's decided that he's naming the baby. That aint happening! :shakehead:
He also told me last night 'I saw someone today with that pram you wanted'...so he does listen, even if he doesn't always make it obvious :D

i think its different for us. its actually happening to our bodys. and even when babys are born.. its not the same feeling they have for the baby as we do.. perhaps they feel useless untill they can run around after them etc..

dwelling on it and resenting your partners isnt going to make you feel any better though.. men will do what they want.. pushing them into loving the bump might make them feel stupid? i dunno.. alex is ok.. im not pushing himt o touch it and feel it etc.. he listens to it move some times feels it touches it.. says how big its gettign etc..i dunno what more i can expect him to do tbh??

I think my OH found it really difficult to understand how sh*t i flet the first 3 months and didnt realise that i couldnt just carry on as normal but as time has worn on, he has realised more how huge an impact being pregnant means to you.
I hate it when people go on about how women they know were total martyrs when pregnant, throwing up and carrying on driving etc . not all of us are wonder women. It just makes men think that we can carry on as normal.
Being sexist, i think most men just cant even imagine what it is like to be pregnant. I have to beg for a back rub and dont think OH would go out specially to get me something I crave but then that's his personality!! (selfish!!!!)
I love him really - he's a sweetie most of the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back