Anyone else...

PippaJ

Reaction score
Got a LO who can't sleep in this heat?

Evie is terrible when it's hot. At the moment she is still wide awake, I've tried everything I can think of to cool her and her room down but to no avail :(

Anyone got any tips on how to cool them down?

I wish I knew, AJ's been down about an hour and is still awake!
Just hoping he doses off. His windows are open. No way am I putting the fan in there because he thinks its a game of chase the wind!! :lol:

How about wetting her hair slightly? Or dabbing her with a wet flannel? I used to go to sleep with a wet towell over me in Australia with the air conditioning on me too, thats how hot it was!

Lol chase the wind!! Bless him :)

I've got her window open and there is a fan in there but it's not blowing onto her. Her baby monitor is reading 28 degrees at the moment :(

She's had a really cool bath and cold milk too before bed and is just wearing a cut off romper suit so her arms and legs are not covered. At the moment she is downstairs with Daddy as it's cooler down there, I've no idea how to cool her room down though.

I'll try wetting her hair a little and a cold flannel - thanks xx

My LO has been having trouble sleeping with the heat bless him, he's gone to bed in just a nappy and a large bottle of very weak juice to keep him hydrated and he's got his window open too, I just keep going to check on him!! :(

Chase the wind :lol: I think Sam would be the same with a fan but I might have to put one in Toby's room tomorrow.

My two aren't sleeping very well either :( It was 27 degrees upstairs when we put them to bed tonight, and even with the windows open all evening it's still 26 now.

Evie's room stayed at 27 all night even with her window open. We set up the travel cot in the end downstairs and she slept in the lounge as it was 3 degrees cooler down there, finally got her off to sleep around 11ish.

I hope it gets cooler soon, I love the sunshine but at night it's awful if you have LO's unless you've got a cool house. Hope everyone's LO's managed to get some sleep!

My LO didnt even wake up until ten this morning so it must mean the heat is getting to him, poor little fella :(

Poor LO's eh! Evie still woke at 7am as she was hungry but she did have a nap from 9am til 11:30am as she was so tired from last night. I ended up having to wake her up as it was getting close to lunchtime!

I'm not sure tonight will be any better either :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back