Anyone else smell weird smells while pregnant?

Urchin

Reaction score
I keep smelling a weird smell, kind of like a stale smell.

It's not me :lol: I've smelt it outside, inside, even when I was lying in the bath!

Am I the only one?

no i did.

but only with my first and 4th pregnancy.

i hated the smell of my husband, and fried foods.

my sense of smell was so enhanced -

i smell imaginary things... like someone talking about chicken and i can smell it?, bubble gum? gah i dunno im weird.. lol.. i just sniffed and can smell laundry? gah lol..

budge said:
my sense of smell was so enhanced -

I definitely have that too, I have to wash the bed sheets all the time or I hate them!

I thought it was just me!

I can smell a kind of musty smell, like something isn't clean. I even hunted around to see if there was any dirty washing hidden somewhere, but nothing.

My sense of smell has increased 100%, good smells sometimes, bad smells other times, lol!

Me too, the smell of Richard after a day at the office made me almost barf! MY poor dog got about 40 baths during my pregnancy lol

hmm yes i think i had that- i could smell a kind of limey damp smell. drove me crazy!

Yeah like a stale/damp smell!! I thought it was the lounge carpet where Mason had spilled a drink but it wasn't

How weird more of us can smell it. I wonder what causes it!

I used to have to move seats in the morning on the train if I was sitting near a person with smelly breath.

I can't snog my husband at the moment because all I can smell is man-breath :puke:
Even immediately after he has cleaned his teeth.

Oh and I can always smell farts :oops: even when no one has farted :lol: and it's not me - I promise. NO one else can smell a thing, it's just utterly random!

Hi

I definetly did i always smelled the wierdest things i think Bernie thought i was insane :lol:

My sense of smell was hightend during my 2nd pregnancy, if anything smelt dirty it had to be washed, clean linen smell was the only thing to make it go away!

I went febreeze mad.

monster_munch said:
Oh and I can always smell farts :oops: even when no one has farted :lol: and it's not me - I promise. NO one else can smell a thing, it's just utterly random!

I'm the same too. Why can we smell things that no one else can. I thought this was just me i'm so glad i found a thread about it.
At work if any of the kids have B.O I am :puke: :puke: it makes me heave.

mrs_tommo22 said:
My sense of smell was hightend during my 2nd pregnancy, if anything smelt dirty it had to be washed, clean linen smell was the only thing to make it go away!

I went febreeze mad.

Sounds just like me!

I've been smelling a weird musty smell from my OH, but only when in the bedroom. He's always clean, and the smell isn't there when he's not there, so it's very bizarre. Maybe his smell doesn't combine well with the bedroom :rotfl:

Urchin said:
Yeah like a stale/damp smell!! I thought it was the lounge carpet where Mason had spilled a drink but it wasn't

How weird more of us can smell it. I wonder what causes it!

Yes yes yes!!! It's vile! I want to hire a rug doctor to do all my carpets cos I'm convinced they smell musty! I can't find the source though :think:

Soo strong sometimes too. I keep thinking that someone has wee'd in my lounge and not told me :shock: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back