anyone else pregnant for the first time and have a step child?

so glad i found this post me and my partner are TTC and he has 2 daughters so i didnt think he would be exited ect but when we spoke about stopping the pill ect he is mega exited, we are only just starting to try and already he wants to go to baby shops and chose our names, i told him he isnt allowed to come out with "when amy was pregnant" line and he undersyands. he would love a little boy as he has two daughters i would love a little girl and he said as long as its healthy he will be a happy man haha

I thought I was alone in not being too fond of my OH's daughter, I struggle to deal with her and look forward to home time....I get that he puts her first which is fine, but sometimes I'm like 'can't I be first for once?' And it bothers me so much. First he wanted me to build a bond but be strict ish with her as she tends to play people...she's 9 at the end of this month and me and my OH have been together just over 2 years. Her mums a huge issue....I won't go there, she told her off for getting me a step mum card for mothers day last year and she wasn't to call me that. She's too much for me to handle and I've helped look after many kids of different ages over the years.

Now we're looking to have our own my OH wants a boy, cos he says he won't feel the same feelings for another girl the way he feels for his little girl and that if I have a girl she can have my last name but if it's a boy it MUST have his last name, we're not married yet or even engaged and it's already made me feel pressured and scared of being pregnant, cos if it's a girl then he's not gonna be happy and I believe it'll affect our relationship. Even his daughter wants a baby brother and not a sister, cos we cleared it by her when we first started talking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back