Anyone else have this?

missac

Reaction score
I was always told by so many people that when their baby is first placed on them they felt this overwhelming rush of love. It has taken me a long time to admit that when Thomas was placed on me for the first time, I didnt have this feeling - I was sooooooooo tired!

When he came back from being weighed I loved him so so much but initially I thought there was something wrong with me!

Now, everytime I see him, everytime he looks at me I get this feeling low down where I think I might cry with love for him, everything he does amazes me and he is just the best little thing that has ever happened, I look at him and everything is just right,

So, did anyone else experience this first emotion, or am I just mad?!!?

I didnt feel that massive rush you hear about in the first instant but I did have an overwhelming urge to be right next to him (which I wasnt able to be for the first 5 hours :( ) and me to protect him. He also had a smell about him that almost made me feel like an animal (iykwim) :shock: The really massive love came in the next day or so and hit me like I'd been hit by a train. I get this huge burst of love almost everyday, it almost winds me, stops me in my tracks. Im not saing I dont love him inbetween tho!

I got the overwhelming rush of love with Lydia. It was sooo powerful that for 2 or 3 weeks after giving birth I felt like I was going to burst with love, and I would cry (literally bawl) with sheer happiness every time I looked at her!

So it was no wonder I expected the same thing to happen when I had Alex...but it didn't.
I just sort of looked at him and thought "oh, there he is, I'm glad he's ok, now that's that let me have a rest". I didn't dislike him in any way, but I felt very matter of fact about him.

It really bothered me that I didn't get that rush of love for Alex - I questioned myself as to whether that meant I loved Lydia more than Alex. I felt like a right bad mother to be honest!

But with Alex the love for him has grown and grown, and now when I look at him I feel overwhelmed by how much I love him. I definitely love them both as much.

Don't worry hun - I think it's hit and miss whether you get the love rush thing :hug:

i know it's like you can't handle how much love you have for them.

when i look at nay i still think wow you here and i just don't ever want to lose her.

she is my life, my love and my soul, she got the best part of me all the time :cry:

:D

I didn't get that rush but my OH did.. he was really happy and obviously in love and couldn't take his eyes off him. While I did feel happy it didn't really sink in that I'd just made a baby that was mine to keep... I wanted to be close to him but I didn't really get that love thing straight away. For me it took a few weeks, I really think I was in denial, couldn't believe I was responsible for this little man who was totally dependant on me and nothing would ever be the same again.

Every morning when I look down at him in his cot I feel like I'm going to burst I love him so much. I still can't quite believe he's mine & I get to keep him!

I did get a rush at first when I looked into his eyes, but then 5 mins later handed him to OH & didn't see him again for 40 minutes while I delivered the placenta (MW kept tugging on the cord which really put me off) and then went and had a shower! I felt terrible when I realised my son had been born less than an hour ago & I'd just handed him over!

i didnt get it with my oldest child and have always felt awful about it i got it with christopher but we were so scared he wasnt going to make it after losing jamie that i guess we expected it
not everyone feels the same hun especially if youve had a traumatic time giving birth when i had luke id been in labour for 37 hours all i wanted to do was sleep it took me a long time to bond with him :hug: xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back