Anyone else going to be a single mum?

emmak01

Reaction score
So i'm only 4-5 weeks pregnant, but I am single, and babys father wants nothing to do with us. Anyone else already, or preparing to be a single mum?
Any advice?! It's making everything really scary, from being alone during the pregnancy, to how i'm going to cope for money etc, I feel really isolated already! x

theres a whole section of the forum dedicated to single parents darlin so i know there are plenty of newly single (baby can be hard on a relationship) and veteran single mums. theyre all lovely and supportive. its down towards the bottom of the forums sections.

Hun I am...my partner left when I was 5 weeks pregnant...Im now 26 weeks...after the initial shock is over with it does get a whole lot easier :)

PM if you want? xxx

Hi I was a single parent with my first 13 years ago when I was 20. The dad wanted nothing to do with us at all. I won't lie it is a struggle and you will cry many tears but at the end of it all you have a adorable little one who is all yours alone and that little one will grow up to be a little companion. My 13 year old is a normal teenager but he is also a really caring, loving, polite, funny young person and he is so understanding of others and I put that down to being raised by a single mum. He knows the value of money as we never had much but we always had fun even if it was getting out the paints and making silly pics or having a picnic in the park. Now I am in a new relationship and he is so happy for me it makes me cry sometimes I love him so much.

i was a single mom for almost 3 yrs, no emotional, physical or financial help from her dad, he never asks how she is or anything, not heard off him at all in over a month.

i found it easier without him as i could get her into a proper routine, as for money side of thigns as bad as it is you are actually better off financially as they give you more help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back