Anyone else giving birth in Kent (Ashford) in August?

almeria

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many expectant mums live around the Kent area?
I am hoping to go to the singleton MW led unit at William Harvey hospital in Ashford, I am due 16th August.
I had thought about Margate too, but I want a water birth, so Ashford is my first choice.

i live in Maidstone and am going to booked in at Maidstone, with Pembury as my back up! almost wish i was due after the 22nd September, as then there is going to be a nice brand new mw lead birthing centre at Maidstone hospital!

i know Heppi is in Sittingborne but not sure about anyone else!

shame for you the MW unit won't be ready.
They closed Canterbury MW unit at the beginning of the year, which would have been my first choice, so now need to go a lot further away to Ashford.. all these cost cuts are a nightmare.

Yeahh as Spice said I'm Sittingbourne :) Planning a home birth but if I need to go hospital it'll be Medway. Someone in my antenatal classes was booked in for William Harvey though xx

oooo Heppi if you do end up going to medway (hopefully not, or just for a check up after your lovely home birth) theres a midwife with the last name Hollyhead . . . she's supposed to be really good . . . or so her son says! (he works with my OH!)

i'm not to fussed really about not being in the birthing centre as once the main ward closes if anything happens and you need intervention its an ambulance to Pembury . . . which on a good day is like 20/30mins and on a bad . . . well lets not even go there!!! so at least i know i've got emergency care there if i need it . . . hopefully not!

i've not been to William Harvey so haven't a clue what it's like, same with Medway! only ever been to Maidstone and the old Pembury!

the good thing about Ashford is the labour ward is next to the MW unit, so no hassle transfer if it becomes necessary.

Unless Pickle gets incredibly impatient, he/she shouldn't be arriving in August, but am booked in at William Harvey in Ashford.

Live on the Isle of Sheppey and so my nearest hospital is Medway, however, for several reasons I was insistent that I wasn't going there and instead going to Ashford.

Hoping to go to the Singleton MLU, but it's good to know that the Folkestone Ward (Labour Ward) is just across the corridor. The other thing I like is that the restaurant is pretty much next to the Singleton Unit, nice for OH to be able to get something substantial to eat

Unless Pickle gets incredibly impatient, he/she shouldn't be arriving in August, but am booked in at William Harvey in Ashford.

Live on the Isle of Sheppey and so my nearest hospital is Medway, however, for several reasons I was insistent that I wasn't going there and instead going to Ashford.

Hoping to go to the Singleton MLU, but it's good to know that the Folkestone Ward (Labour Ward) is just across the corridor. The other thing I like is that the restaurant is pretty much next to the Singleton Unit, nice for OH to be able to get something substantial to eat

That sounds nice, my friend will like the restaurant! They say the rooms are pretty special too.
Have you visited the unit? I haven't been able to go visit, but have heard great things about it.

From my research, they have 6 LDRP rooms, so much nicer than being transfered from room to room! The restaurant is really good, sounds strange for it to be important, but nice to know those with us have the option of something decent to eat!

Not seen the singleton unit yet, am booked to visit at 34 weeks. You can call them to book an appointment to go in and take a look around, think it is Tuesday evenings or Sunday afternoons. When I called them, they suggested going in at 36 weeks for them to go through notes etc to make sure it's suitable to go there and not to folkestone ward.

Went in after a bit of a scare and the antenatal staff were lovely.

The thing I found remarkable was the cleanliness of the place, been there for scans, blood tests and after my scare, I like that is doesn't smell of chemicals, some hospitals do and it makes me think they are trying to hide something.

From my research, they have 6 LDRP rooms, so much nicer than being transfered from room to room! The restaurant is really good, sounds strange for it to be important, but nice to know those with us have the option of something decent to eat!

Not seen the singleton unit yet, am booked to visit at 34 weeks. You can call them to book an appointment to go in and take a look around, think it is Tuesday evenings or Sunday afternoons. When I called them, they suggested going in at 36 weeks for them to go through notes etc to make sure it's suitable to go there and not to folkestone ward.

Went in after a bit of a scare and the antenatal staff were lovely.

The thing I found remarkable was the cleanliness of the place, been there for scans, blood tests and after my scare, I like that is doesn't smell of chemicals, some hospitals do and it makes me think they are trying to hide something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back