Anyone else finding work hard much earlier than they expected?

NavyLouise

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is feeling this way, I expected to be fine in my normal working day for a long time yet but am already struggling.

I work in a fashion photography studio and most of the time I shoot 70+ products a day which involves standing up, bending repeatedly to camera and twisting back and forth from table to computer for 300+ shots.
I've been finding my ankles are pretty swollen by the time I get home and my legs ache like crazy, add in back ache, headaches and feeling generally uncomfy a lot of the time and I'm already feeling like a total wreck!

My co-workers don't seem to take me seriously and my boss seems to expect me to get as much done as I usually do so I feel pressured and don't feel I can complain about needing a sit down or whatever.

I have meetings scheduled with health and safety every month but my boss has decided to attend them with me, meaning I dont feel like I can speak honestly.
Today was a really hard work day and I came home feeling incapable of moving and close to tears, I can only imagine what I'm going to be like in 10 weeks lol

I just needed a little rant about it really but is anyone else experiencing similar? I'm also having a bit of trouble with my breathing on and off and wondered if anyone has this too?

Yes! I am struggling so my plan is to do shorter weeks by using my bank hol allowance, I really struggle with a 5 day week, get so tired. My manager is really good and doesn't mind me working from home which helps, of course if I have nothing meeting wise in diary. And yes to getting breathless...I am putting it dwn to the extra weight...she says sat here eating a doughnut lol...

Remember you and bambino come first, if your struggling and your boss is unhelpful then get a sick note, its not the end if the world, its hard work baking a baby xx

Yeah, my main things are tiredness, back ache and general discomfort. Bring on 31st Aug! My last day!

I spend a lot of my day bent over (I'm not a sex worker lol) and I have found that I have terrible lower back pain by tea time. Warm baths help and I think I'll be ok. I better had be as I'm not leaving work until my due date x

I'm struggling......I have to drive ALOT and I'm getting really tired. My boss also seems to have just piled on the work loads lately and I'm feeling really pressured to try and keep up. Just yesterday I was in the office for 6.30am and didn't leave until 6.45pm. I also live an hour away from the office, which makes it worse.

Thursday this week I have to drive to Swansea, which is 3 hours away, have a 3 hour meeting then drive home. Crazy!!

Some days I struggle more than others. I seem to just be floating around in my little baby bubble at the minute! If you start struggling don't be afraid to say anything you need to look after yourself x

Yup I am too, on feet all day and just come home and collapse into bed, just to rest achy body, not to sleep
Getting bad back, squishy pains inside and when it's warm my ankles swell, boss is great but I know if I said anything I'm not sure what the solution would be as its harder to sit than stand and cutting hours or days is not good financially :(

Hey hun, sorry to hear you're stuggling :( Is it possible to get hold of the person doing your assesment and request that you attend alone without your boss being there? You should be able to speak freely otherwise your needs won't be listened to.

Hope things ease up a bit for all of you xxx

Morning

I'm quite surprised that your boss seems to think she is allowed to just decide to come with you for your H&S meeting, surely this can be done without her?

In terms of finding it hard, yeah I am but to be honest I feel work is a lot easier than being at home running round after my little one. I'm sat at a desk for most of the day the trouble is, getting up off the chair when I have to walk from office to office as things are usually squished and feel uncomfortable. I suffer with a bad back at the minute but getting fantastic physio from my lovely nephew so that usually helps. My ankles were swollen last night which I wasn't impressed with I don't fancy cankles so soon in the pregnancy ha ha! :lol:

You and your baby need to take priority and if you feel the workload is becoming too much then you MUST speak to your boss, surely they should be able to make some provisions for how you're feeling.

Hope today isn't as bad for you. xxx

Gosh I feel bad moaning as I sit at a desk all day.

For me I just get very tired after about 3pm so the last few hours everyday are a huge struggle!

I am going to look at my diet though as I tend to have a fair size lunch and then a not so healthy snack in the afternoon so I am going to try and make lunch a wee bit smaller and have some fruit in the afternoon!

xxxxxxxxxxx

I sit at a desk all day too and I'm struggling so hats off to you ladies who are on your feet doing physical work!

I'm finding the pressure and stress more difficult than the physical side, I work in a law firm so lots of very urgent work and deadlines. I ended up in tears at my desk last week :eek: felt really stupid but luckily could just blame the hormones and people seemed to be understanding!

I really don't know what the answer is, as I want to work as late as possible so as to spend more mat leave with my baby afterwards rather than using it up before the birth.

OP- I think its awful your boss wants to go to the meeting with you, what a bad position to put you in! I think you'll just have to bite the bullet and be totally honest whether he is there or not, as he needs to know how you're feeling. Also if you get really bad I would speak to your doc or midwife too, you might have to be signed off for a bit if its causing you pain! Good luck hun xxx

Yep me too! I knew I would tho due to existing health problems so plan to leave work just before 27 weeks! I've put hols in! My job is standing at a till for up to 5 hours! So it kills my back hips and ribs!

(I'm not a sex worker lol)

:rofl:

ME!!!! I have this grand idea I will be working until I am full term...I can barely keep my eyes open by 3 pm. So tempted to use all my holiday up before MAT leave.

xx

Well at least we are all in the same boat I suppose! I thought I was being a wuss!

I'm glad that you guys agree that its wrong for my boss to join in my H&S meetings! My co-workers can't see anything wrong with it! It's annoying as the H&S guy is lovely and his wife has just had a baby so he's a great person to talk to, but with my 44 year old childless male boss sat next to me I find it hard to open up! He said he wants to come so he's involved as "no one has ever had a baby here before!" (we've only been established 2 years and i work with mostly male photographers) but I don't want to be his guinea pig!

I'm not too good at standing up for myself here as everyone else has much louder voices! But I'm just going to try to slow down and not worry about the pressure, if they've got a problem I'll see my midwife and get a note.

I think using up holidays is a good idea, ive booked a few random fridays with my remaining holiday and they get refreshed from October so I'm going to take the whole month off up to the start of my maternity leave which will be fab!

I hope we can all get through the remaining weeks without losing it or falling asleep by 3pm! It's gonna be tough!!

Yeah, my main things are tiredness, back ache and general discomfort. Bring on 31st Aug! My last day!

Thats my last day too and Gayle30's - cannot wait

The past two days have been quite tiring and have felt I have no energy think it may have been early mornings so gonna see what happens

Apart from the tiredness theres no back ache etc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back