• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else feeling a bit scared?

positivity :)

Reaction score
morning ladies,

i keep saying that my pregnancy is yet to sink in so i've been trying to get my head around it the past few days :blush: i've wanted this for so long and i'm thrilled its happened but i'm also feeling a bit strange about it? does anyone else feel like this or are you all just over the moon and getting on with it?

when i was ttc i kept thinking, i'm getting really old now, it has to happen soon, but the day i got my bfp it was really sunny and i drove past lots of packed bars in london and i thought - :shock: oh my god i'm too young for this haha!

i really am ecstatic and want nothing more in the world but i do feel very scared about how my life and body is about to change! anyone else...?

xxx

Hi Positivity,
I am so with you on this one!!!! For 5 months me and the DH have had an emotiinal rollercoaster TTC and then the one month we thought nothing of it I got my BFP (on Saturday) we were jumping on the bed and everything.
After an hour or so it kicked in hopw different our lives would be, how we couldn't just do things without thinking of not just us now and how planning for the future (hols etc) is going to be a lot more sceptical.
Me on the other hand is just thinking how the hell to keep this secret from everyone for 8 more weeks and after watching 'one born every minute' last night, thinking how am I going to get through that and more, how is my belly going to get that big????!!
I think more than anything you've just not got to worry and let nature take its course.
I won't read and bad or worrying post in this forum as I don't want to put myself through this.
As my bump buddy I wish you all the best in this amazing journey though.

Xxxx

Don't be scared, being a mum is amazing and as soon as your little one is here i bet you you wouldn't have it any other way :D

I didn't believe that I was going to be a mummy until I actually gave birth! And I didn't feel like a mummy until my LO smiled at me, haha!

Being a mummy is absolutely marvolous!! You'll love it. It never stops being scary but it is so worth it.

xx

A bit scared? No. Im petrified! :O

hi hun im 8 weeks and it sill hasnt sunk in yet but i dont think im letting it lol.
i already have a 5 year old so i know how much it wil change my life and body ect, but belive it or not that doesnt help im petrified. alfie is so independant eats himself dresses himself and gets himself to sleep.... the baby wont!! so the little bit of independance i got back while alfie was in full time sschool has now gone but its all worth it, when the baby gets here it will feel like youve never been without her/him honest its amazing :)
good luck with our pregnancy huny x x

ah ladies that so lovely! i think i just wanted someone to say - its gonna be amazing, so thanks!!!!

linx you are a pro now haha! at least you know what to expect. nice to see you on here xxx

i dont thought iv forgot lol, iv forgot how demanding a baby can be but ill love it all the same :)

Been petrified each time and this is number 3, but it is soooooooooo worth it and the best thing in the world!! (and would have number 4 and 5 if I could, being a Mummy is the best experience ever) xx

Hello,

I don't feel scared personally but the people around me that I've told seem to be. Understandably they're lost babies etc but I feel being afraid and anxious = stressed cannot help the whole thing so my theory is whats going to happen will happen so I'm just grateful ever to have the chance to be a mum. There's every reason why it should be scary (because I read books and learn to much) but I'm not going to be (yet lol)- some may say it's naive but what's the point in worrying about things you can't change. I don't know why I feel so calm, my whole life I've been a worrier and overthinker and it suddenly dawned on me when I got married and was planning the wedding etc if I didn't start enjoying it all it was going to pass me by and none of it will happen again (I hope he's the one!:eek:p) So I'm aiming to apply the same to pregnancy, embrace it, take each pain free, symptom free/full day as it comes and remember if we're fairly healthy and fairly happy and have people in the world that love us we are very blessed indeed!

Here's to a relaxed, enjoyable and generally lovely 8 months and 5 days (eeeek) of pregnancy for us all.
xxx
(sorry for the ramble dunno where it all came from!) hehe xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back