Anyone else feel like their child is their respondibility not OH's?

Laracat

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong my OH is a good dad. But he seems only interested in playtime, if hes not doing anything else.

I feel like food, naps, any thing to do with routine is my responsibility, he can't even dress her!!
It's exhausting, especially when he said the other day he felt like I never encourage him as a father and tell him he's doing a good job. I had to bite my tongue!

Yes I feel like that but I like it that way. If you want something doing properly and all that :) x

Omg! Mine is like this! He has a play turn leaves me to EVERYTHING and tuts and shakes his head if Tyler bloody whimpers! I left them together for the first time for 2 hours and I had to act like he was dad of the year! Jesus I do it all day and night every day!

Same here. DH only winds or plays with henry. Everythin else is my responsibility. I have to deal with Henry and do all the housework cos he doesn't help with that either. It's like being single but havin someone to cuddle up in bed with.

Same here. DH only winds or plays with henry. Everythin else is my responsibility. I have to deal with Henry and do all the housework cos he doesn't help with that either. It's like being single but havin someone to cuddle up in bed with.

I dont get the cuddles OH has been sleeping on the sofa for 3 months

I didnt last night as I was up from 1:20-5:30, got an hours sleep before Henry woke again and we came downstairs, had a cuddle and slept down here!

Mine is the opposite - don't think he knows what to do with her at playtime. He's a whizz at changing nappies though, and usually pretty fast at getting her dressed, although we have had some odd outfit combos - he does generally have to be asked to do these things however! Xxx

Yup, although my OH isn't their dad :lol: have to say tho, he does a better job than fob ever did! He even attempted bum wiping the other day! I had to take over tho cos he was almost vomming, but it's the thought that counts! Fob never did anything, just lay on the sofa all day! Even if we were both in, I'd take her to the shops with me!

Yeah same here only I tell him to do happy changes etc and he says I nag and it would get done anyway. He is right it would get done by me.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

My OH is better now she's a toddler than when she was a baby, x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

I prefer being the one who does the 'routine' stuff, I know it's done how Jack likes it then. I won't let OH near Jack's wardrobe, he'd look like a clown if I left him to his own devices! lol

OH will do anything with Jack if I ask and loves having a bath with him, he also doesn't need to be asked to change a smelly nappy either. If he smells one he's there :) x

My oh does play with lo, but has only dressed him a couple of times, not bathed him more than twice, and rarely changes a nappy. He does do his bedtime bottle, after I've bathed and changed lo, although lo looks to be dropping that bottle now so I'm going to have to find oh a different job to do! My main issue is that if lo wakes up crying in the night oh says 'what do u want me to do?' why is it up to me what he does to sort lo out? It's exactly as though all the responsibility and decisions are up to me and it does my head in.

My DH does everything really given he is at home but he works long hours mostly and goes away on business sometimes so I do more of course but i try and involve him in everything.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I do have ymto point out matching clothes though, his colour coordination is appaling lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Another the same here! Although he mostly does holds when he's about to sleep. As the ladies have said, it feels like being a single parent except he pays the bills and mortgage (I still have to buy all furniture, everything for Ariel etc.) my DH is also on tge sofa even at the weekend. And yes I then get told I'm not supportive enough of him as a father and yet he is constantly telling me that Ariel only needs me for food but loves him more!?!

I do the majority and through the week everything, but OH puts her to bed everynight and we take turns to look after her at the weekend. He is not great at dressing her and I will deffo put the outfit out. Think the worst was a top and tights combo - the top just about came down to the top of the tight! My poor girl. He means well and by looking after her completley once a week he knows how tiring it is and thinks I am amazing!

Well dh goes to work between 5 and 6 then home anytime after 7 and that's 7 days a week so he does very little. If he's home he will put dd to bed with me he will play with her sometimes or talk to theo but that's it everything else is my job. It's like a military operation sometimes when dd needs a bum wipe and Theo is feedin lol

my oh said last night hes lucky he gets to go to work cos he knows its harder to be the one looking after lo. he does anything i ask and bathtime is his job as well as cooking tea. he also voluntarily takes her often, will settle her at night and change nappies

My OH also said the other day that he has so much credit to give me because he couldn't do what I do and look after Sophie all day by himself.

He's very good at looking after her and doing things but I have to pick out what clothes he dresses her in as he has horrendous ideas of what looks nice. I also do the bedtime routine as if it isnt me doing it she screams the house down and crys in the bath which she never usually does.

I moan about him but he's actually excellent xx

My dh response if I mention anything is either :

Well I work all day
Or
If you want a new house what do you expect me to do

I've had enough of him he throws everything back to being my fault yet he's happily spent all my redundancy all our savings and racked up 3 credit cards oh and spent half my maternity fund when I told him we couldn't afford to carry on with the new house and to lock it up until we could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back