Charting Temps.

Amanda

Reaction score
Hi Girls

There's a lot of talk on here about charting temps, but can any of you recommend a good website or book which shows you exactly what to look for?? I have no problem with taking my temperature at the same time every morning, but wouldn't have a clue what fluctuations to look for!!

I've been quite ill this month with flu, and then followed by a cold, and my OPK didn't show a positive at all around the time when I should have been ovulating. So it will be no surprise at all when AF shows up this Saturday. I've now made the decision that I will also start charting next month, but have no idea what to look for!!!!

Hi Tankett,

It's got to be Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler, the book contains lots of different examples of charts and explains how to draw the coverline etc...

Also take a look at the website to accompany the book http://www.tcoyf.com

Hi Tankett,

I found this website http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/bbt/bbtfaq.htmls and
this one
http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068834/

Just found this one from Toni Weschler, She wrote the book 'Taking charge of your fertility' which is very good
http://www.ovusoft.com/

These should help along your way. I bought Toni's book and had just about finished reading it and starting to chart my temps. when I conceived!! Money well spent!! :lol:

Good luck trying and hope you get your BFP very soon.

Nicki.xx :D

I agree with the 'taking charge of your fertility' book suggestion.

It tells you everything you need to know

After charting my temps for a whole year after coming off the pill, we managed to get pregnant on the first attempt on our honeymoon! Very scary, but true. :shock:

Hi Sarah,

You lucky girl getting pg on your first attempt at charting, congrats on your pregnancy. I've been charting my temp for the first time this month. It's all looking good so far, I've identified the thermal shift and the temps are staying above the cover line but I'm now on the wait for AF, she's due next week.

Thanks girls for the very swift replies!! Lots of reading for me!!!

I'm going book shopping now (well Amazon.com!!)

xxx

I can't recommend Toni Weschers book enough, it's a real education. Worth every penny I'd say.

Happy Reading!

Hi Tankett,

This is my second month of charting and I have found it to be really useful - bit of a pain in the butt waking up at 6.15 at weekends to take my temp, but the results have been really interesting. Last month I had an obvious shift in temp on day 15, and my temps stayed high until day 26 - I knew af was on her way, but it eased the blow a little bit. I bought the ovulation kit from boots, I think it was about £13 if I remember rightly, and for that I got a digital thermometer and a book explaining what to do which is followed by plenty of empty pages for plotting your temps. I didn't have a clue what to do before I read about it on here and heard other people's experiences, but I am converted, all I need now is a bfp please!!

Hi Tankett,

The first month i started charting properly was the month I feel pg. Don't know if it was just coincidence or luck but either way, this would be the way I would TTC in the future.

Taking Charge of your Fertility was a great help and I used fertility friend to record the temps www.fertilityfriend.com.

Good luck and hope you get your BFP soon.

Lx

I agree with Leigh, in that I probably got pregnant just because I was very lucky and very fertile.

However, had I not read the book, the whole thing would have been a mystery to me.

I was off the pill for a whole year before the wedding and I think that really helped to clear my system out and get my body ready to accept a baby.

I actually had a stinking cold on the honeymoon :roll: , and normally we wouldn't bother doing anything naughty if I have a cold. Even on a honeymoon we probably wouldn't have bothered!. But because I knew that I was going to ovulate while we were away, after having charted for a whole year, then we just spent the whole week at it! :lol: It worked!

Toni Weschler for me.. read other books but they focused on how to help concieve [diet, exercise and stuff like that] as well as charting but Toni's book is just all about fertility and the signs etc.. great book for knowledge - all the charting stuff is so useful - not just for pregnancy acheivement but on method of birth control too.. not that we all want to use it for that right now!!! :wink: :wink:

I bought it from amazon and am so glad, I use the charts in the back so very much worth the money in my opinion.. just hope I can put the info to good use and get that bfp!!

good luck everyone.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back