• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone can't stop worrying?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
My little boy is a week old and I can't stop worrying about cot death. I know this is a morbid subject and it is said to be rare but then it says 1 in 1'500 babies which I don't think is that rare. I am constantly worrying about his temp as my house is always quite warm and the thermometer says 22 and ideal temp is supposed to be 18. I have just been using one blanket as that is what it says to do but then I think he is going to get cold. I can't stop stressing as I love him so much and can't bear the thought of anything happening to him. Do you think it is normal to worry about these things?

of course it is normal hun, iam very much like u, but i do try not to worry about things, cos it can take over ur life if u worrying too much. It sounds like u have the temps correct so try not to worry too much hun
:hug: :hug:

Gemz its so normal to worry. Have you got a breathing moniter? I have the tommee tippee one and everytime I stir in the night I listen out for the reassurring clicking noise but idf the worst did happen the alarm would go off.

I think as a few weeks go by you do worry a little less. I was awful at first and couldn't really sleep at all! I still keep prodding poor little Leorah if she is in a deep sleep and I can't see if she's breathing, it really annoys her :lol:

I totally understand hun, i think its totally normal. Like Skatty says it does get easier.
When Thea was first born i was forever poking her to make sure she was still breathing. After a while you are just grateful they are alseep lol.

One thing i do want to mention is that if a thought like this one becomes over powering and you are constantly worried and very anxious it can be a sign of post natal depression and should be mentioned to your doctor or health visitor.

Hi there,like everyone has said it is normal to worry about this - I still have to check that Finn is breathing now,but I'm not as bad as I was.I have an Angel Care monitor that senses him breathing whilst he is asleep,but this is only when he is in his cot.I also use a Gro-bag instead of blankets and that has helped put my mind at rest. :D

Dont be daft its totaly normal to worry about your most precious little person in the world. I used to wake up alot when zack was first born, just to check he was still breathing. I used to put my finger under his nose, just to make sure he was still alive :oops: I also got worried about him getting to cold or to warm, so I used to wake myself up to put more covers on or take them off. Your not going to stop worrying about these things. Zacks now 3 years old and in his own bed in his bedroom and I still go in twice a night just to check on him.

I know it feels like your going loopy sometimes obsessing over cot death, but its a big worry I had aswell. I think all mums get worried about it. Just keep doing what your doing hun :hug: xx

i was like that when mine were born, i layed awake most nights just watching them, and if i had drifted off to sleep i used to wake up and give them a poke or pick them up, its normal to worry about things like that hun
take care

sarahxxx

Being a mum is worrying!

My mother used to tell me that once I had children of my own I would understand what it was to worry. All mothers do it, and no mother is every free of it, even when their babies are grown up and fled the nest!

There is always that little space in the back of your head now that is occupied by the most special little person ever. It's frightening how much you can worry, but try not to let it rule you. It is totally normal.

On the first night we went out after Naomi was born, I checked the phone every five minutes. My parents in law were taking care of her and I was terrified that one of them would drop her! Isn't that terrible? OH didn't really like that! But I learned to relax. Naomi is now ten months old and I can go out for a night and only check my phone every half hour or so now!

*HUG* You're doing a great job hun. The fact that you worry means you're a brilliant Mom who's concerned about her child.

Sue

I wouldn't worry about the temp - I think 22 is fine. I personally feel that 18 is a bit too cold myself as a normal temp as I feel cold when it is that temperature in the house. It goes down to that at night (sometimes a bit lower) in my house.

Yes I think that 18 would be a bit cold and it is usually 22 in my house at night which sometimes feels a bit too warm. I think 20 would be about right but I can't open a window to cool down the room as I live in a GFF and I think having a fan on would make the room too cold over night. Last night Jake just had a folded sheet on him as I thought he would get too hot with a blanket.

When Jakob was that age i was always moving him to make sure he was still breathing!!! he sleeps so still..but now im just happy when he gets to sleep lol!!! means ican have a wee rest...it gets better hun the worry does subside, but cause he is sooo diddy right now you just worry about everything!!!!

I have a breathing monitor and it really gives me peace of mind :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back