Anybody else struggling with insomnia?

Rhelen91

Reaction score
I do have a history of having bursts of insomnia that can last weeks or months at a time, but for the last fortnight I literally haven't slept. I feel absolutely knackered but can't seem to stay asleep for more than 10-20 minutes at a time, and only end up with around 2 hours of broken sleep a night. It's starting to take its toll a bit, especially with being pregnant, having a toddler to look after, and working (albiet I only work weekends in a clothes shop)

Is anyone else finding it difficult to sleep in these early stages?

Oh my god yes. It's the WORST. My insomnia is SO BAD in early pregnancy- every time. And I also have 2 small kids (4 years and 16 months) to look after. I feel your pain!!!

I think I'm literally getting just enough sleep to survive at the moment. I can just about function lol. Oh what wonderful things pregnancy does to us, yet we still want to go through it time and time again :)

Yes I have sleeping problems for years and was taking sleeping pills for it but have to stop them so I am taking 1 every 3 days until these are done it is a nightmare i have huge dark bags under my eyes lol hope this improves....

Tbh I've always had on/off insomnia since about 16 so can't really blame being pregnant but I've hardly slept recently and it's so hard when you're extra tired! X

I went through a phase earlier in pregnancy where the insomnia was terrible. I was exhausted, I'm not sure how i got through it. It was bad for about a month.

I'm still not sleeping right but it is not as bad as it was back then. I miss my sleep. If one more person says 'Make the most of sleeping all night now, while you can!' I may hit them.

I was told not to lie in bed trying to sleep for too long. If I can't sleep within 20 minutes, I'm to get up and do something. A crossword puzzle, read an article, light chores. Only to go back to bed when I felt sleepy, and again limit to 20 minutes. I think it helped. It certainly helped the sleepless nights pass quicker and I got less bothered by the minutes ticking by towards the alarm going off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back