Any TEMPORARY workers out there?

jennyjuniper

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a part-time tutor working full time hours in a further and higher education college. I am due next November and am worried that by telling work I am pregnant they will not give me hours in September. It is not discrimination as such since I am on a temporary contract meaning they do not have to give me hours every year (although by now i'm pretty much part of the furniture).

My question is, is anyone else in a similar position and has any advice?

Thanks

Last edited:
I used to work part time when I was in school. I was only contracted for 10 hours a week, but always worked 15-20 (especially in 6th year as I only had 2 subjects at school). If you've worked a certain amount for a certain period of time I think they have to give you notice if they are going to change it x Although you're only contracted for a certain amount, I think they still have to tell you if they're changing your usual schedule x

Not sure if thats the law, or just the comapny policy x

I found out that if they don't hire me again they have to give me a valid reason. If they can't, they have to dismiss me n pay me 4weeks pay. I'm just hoping to keep my job n not cause any hassle! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back