Mat leave and if i will be entitle to it?

natashateale

Reaction score
I work nights 2 days a week which is 22 hours at an elderly home and have done for 18months but before that i worked there part time since 2007. i dont have a contract but i work regular days, pay NI and i am entitled to hols. I am expected to turn up for work and if i am ill i have to ring sick in plenty of time.
I am just wondering if i will be entitled to mat leave and pay and if so what type? also if i am entiled to MA then what happen to my job? can any one help?

I think there is such a thing that if you don't have a written contract just by turning up and abiding by their employment rules constitutes a binding contract. Might be worth checking with acas to confirm. This sort of thing happens to temporary contracts

Aslong as u pay national insurance u will be entitled-if not thru ur employer then ul get mat allowance from dwp.

Im a relief worker in a care home (work as and when required) - and by all accounts my manager informs me that I'll be i'll be entitled to SMP as long as I earn above the Lower Earnings Limit for the 8 weeks up to and including the 15th week before my due date.

xxx

Thank you l_maclean:) that has put alot of ease to my mind :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back