Any Runners here?

Tonks

Reaction score
I'm running to get fit for some training in January, and I need to increase my stamina. Any ideas? Tonight I'm going to go out, and when I'm knackered, let myself walk for 2 mins then start running again until I can't go any further. Normally I run until I am breathless, but I feel I can go for longer with walking breaks.

I was a runner, started in Jan and trained hard for race for life in May. Let it slip since then but I am trying to get back into it. The best thing I did was join a running club. There were members who did little more than a fast walk and some who were sprinters but at no point was anyone made to feel an different from anyone else.

I got a book which was quite good, I will post the details later.

Little and often is definately the way to start. Good luck.

I'm upping my runs to one mile, twice a day then doing pressups and situps every night. I am by no means as fit as I should be, but I'm starting to notice a difference.

I have seen running clubs advertised, but I was really worried I'd be out of my depth and they would be regular runners :oops: I have ok overall fitness, but I am an awful runner. It my most hated form of exercise!

I would really love to be the type of runner who can go for 10 miles!

Running is the worst :(

I need to get back on the treadmill, fitness has just went haywire after I had the pneumonia.

I never could run for more than 5 minutes at a time, like you I wish it was more :wall:

It's definitely something that should be built up, don't envy you hun :hug:

I would still join the club and soon you will be one of the regulars. You sound as though you do a lot just now which is great, I wish I had your motivation. I am trying to get it back just need to keep looking for it.LOL.

I swear by Circuits, I failed my fitness test when the levels were raised and after 3 circuits a week for a month I passed getting further than I need to, I lost over a stone and toned up amazingly. Hard work but worth it!

I swear by Circuits, I failed my fitness test when the levels were raised and after 3 circuits a week for a month I passed getting further than I need to, I lost over a stone and toned up amazingly. Hard work but worth it!

What do you do for circuits? I know OH used to go to the lunch time circuits. There is 'military circuits' at the local leisure centre. Been a couple of times, and you've just reminded me about them! Thanks!

What's circuits hun? :oops:

Its where you do a lot of exercises to raise your puls rate then sustain it.

So you might have to run around the gym for 5 mins as fast as possible, sprinting thelong sides. Then straight into a minute of pressups, then sprinting again, then a minute of situps, then sprinting, etc.

Different classes do it different ways though, but it's comparing short bursts of lots of different exercises.

I would still join the club and soon you will be one of the regulars. You sound as though you do a lot just now which is great, I wish I had your motivation. I am trying to get it back just need to keep looking for it.LOL.

Thanks hun :hug: I don't have that much motivation tbh, and it waivers very easily! :lol: I find the hardest part is getting dressed and putting my shoes on. After that I'm fine getting out the door!

Running is the worst :(

I need to get back on the treadmill, fitness has just went haywire after I had the pneumonia.

I never could run for more than 5 minutes at a time, like you I wish it was more :wall:

It's definitely something that should be built up, don't envy you hun :hug:

You were doing so well on your treadmill! I was very jealous :) When you planning on starting again?

Monday hun :) exercise buddy? I need someone to moan at me :slap:

don't worry, I'll be ready with the moaning :lol:

Thanks so much! Found one at the base every Monday afternoon. I was meaning to have Niamh with a childminder one afternoon a week, so that would work out quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back