Roleplay Anyone? (think Dungeons and Dragons)

kazlin

Reaction score
Just wondered if there are any table top roleplayers on here? LARPers even (Live Action Roleplay) Think Dungeons and Dragons type stuff.

I go once a month to a Vampire LARP, run by OH. I get to play a Vampire, until I get killed off of course...then a new character is created. In my avatar, I'm playing a Victorian Vampire called Katherine Fox.

I've also been to a LARP down at some caves which was pretty cool, I intend to go back when Dan is born as it's a great way to get fit as there's lots of running around.

OH also runs another game (table top) at ours most Friday nights.

Ok I know it's geeky...but as the saying goes:

Le Geek, C'est Chic!

Anyone else? :)

Used to play table top AD&D many years ago, but now my roleplaying is limited to pc games and the bedroom :lol:

We are gonna come down and join you for a game at some point though! :dance:

glitzyglamgirl said:
Used to play table top AD&D many years ago, but now my roleplaying is limited to pc games and the bedroom :lol:

We are gonna come down and join you for a game at some point though! :dance:

Hehehe :wink:

Oooh yay, that'll be fab hun :cheer:

what do you actually do?? :think: :think: :think:

i can just picture you all sat round a table dressed up???? :lol: :think:

Well the Vampire LARP is a bit like acting, except with no script. Everyone has there own Vampire character and it's just like creating your own film. A kind of escapism really.

My last character was a Vampire Chav who pissed everyone off and got herself killed, which led to the whole Vampire community changing their leader. It sounds complicated, but once you get into it, it's not really, more of a laugh.

We hold it in a pub once a month and have around 15 members.

With the table top you don't dress up, a story is just created a around a make believe world...oh and you use dice to decide if you do/are able to do certain things.

kazlin said:
Well the Vampire LARP is a bit like acting, except with no script. Everyone has there own Vampire character and it's just like creating your own film. A kind of escapism really.

My last character was a Vampire Chav who p*ssed everyone off and got herself killed, which led to the whole Vampire community changing their leader. It sounds complicated, but once you get into it, it's not really, more of a laugh.

oooo never heard of it before but it sounds like you have a good time! you should take some pics :D

I dont but my friends are doing warewolf atm, might join in when they start a new one :)

I think my OH used to. I never understood it really.
When I started going out with him, my ex was part of the group... so understandably he quit as they weren't on best terms with each other :oops: oops

Actually your OH Michelle looks similar (oops I shouldn't stereotype!) to a lot of the blokes who tend to play...long hair, maybe metal/grungy appearance. Mind you some others just look like geeks, lol.

Me and OH last New Years Eve:

n700750388_351955_6519.jpg

my OH used to like all sorts of stuff like warhammer and other little war model thingys but he was out of that before i met him (i found the books under his bed lol). he's a web developer too.. so despite his appearance he really is a geek lol

he's cut his hair now tho :(

04-11-07.jpg

Yep, same with OH, he used to have lovely long blonde hair...until he began thinning. I think he misses it though.

Nat prefers his, keeps telling people he's going to grow it again but not as long as it was.

:(

Long hair for the win

withdaddySat2508.jpg

I think your OH suits long hair. You know it wouldn't bother me if Nick grew his again, even if it is more in the style of Bill Bailey!

Now tell me, how did this thread progress to Bill Bailey? Hey, maybe he's a roleplayer too?

I'll shut up now :lol:

lol I think BB has done his share of Dungeons and Dragons :lol:

My OH keeps saying his going to grow his hair long, been saying that for 3 years, but its stayed at collar length and he INSISTS he never cuts it....me thinks he is scared of long hair :lol: :lol:

Are you sure that you're not secretly snipping inches off his at night and weaving it into your own locks??? I can't believe how long your hair is now! :D

(I won't tell him...promise :wink: )

My DH has always been big into role playing (both table top and LARP). He used to be part of the camarilla (sp?) and used to travel around the country for big LARP games.

He got me interested in table top games a few years ago (although I've never LARPed) and he used to GM a few Mage games in our house - we'd have a couple of friends come round for a few hours every Sunday. We tried Elrik as well but it didn't get very far.

When I got to uni we both (DH as a non-uni-guest) joined the role playing soc and we used to go on a Monday night to table top - we did Aliens (or is it Alien ? I don't know the difference haha) and some other one that I forget the name of.

These days we don't get chance to role play any more though *sigh*.

My husband used to be the director of steampower publishing which makes role playing games.
www.steampowerpublishing.co.uk

It was his creation, that company, but then he found we couldn't afford to pump enough money into it, so he had to resign. He doesn't have anything to do with the company any more, but one of their books (dead of night) actually mentions DH on the inside cover.

There's an article on his resignation here ;) :
http://www.pen-paper.net/news.php?op=to ... topicid=81
(look at the article under March 01 2004)

so erm yeh....lots of roleplaying stuff with us lol

I used to play the Masquerade (Vampire LARP) in London, Basingstoke, Reading and Southampton... became a very powerful little Malkavian called Erisino.. :) Became "Prince" of Lego Land and London Zoo... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: seriously...

Tabletop drives me batty... too boring.. I loved the acting involved with LARP though as well as the dressing up.. It was something to look forward too and we used to travel the country...

Every now and again I used to play Storyline chars too which was nice because you got to play something completely different. :)

I have to admit it is real escapism though... theres stuff over here like that too.. but I think my days of LARP have been and gone :cry:

Masquerade is the game we play Squiglet.

You've played a Malkavian...they're mad, muhahahahaaaa! I played a Toreador (avatar) and a Brujar (gobby Chav) but I quite fancy playing a Malk, I wouldn't have to act too much! :twisted:

I love the dressing up part, the more the game is progressing the better the costumes are becoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back