Any other Twin or Multiple Mummies??

MrsRoger

Reaction score
Hello,

It would be really great to find some other multiple birth mummies on here.

I was just wondering if any of them are in here at the moment?

xxxxxx

I'm not over here yet, I'm 12+3 but I'm having identical twins :-D xx

Helllllooooo,

Oh this makes me so happy!!!!

I have been feeling a bit lonely.

I am 26 weeks today so will be moving over to the 3rd Tri, but would be so good to keep in touch!!

How have you both been feeling? I think I am only just getting over the shock and into the reality phase now!!

xxxxxx

Haha, yeah I'm still a bit shocked but very happy. I've had little to no symptoms either so I've spent tri 1 petrified that something is wrong xxx

Well tri 1 I felt like I had a 24/7 hangover, I found out quite early as I work in an X-ray department so a friend scanned me, however I spent the rest of the day shaking and didn't sleep for 3 nights, currently I feel great, I look about 7-8 months although I'm 18+4. Mine aren't identical from what we can see as they have their own sac and placenta. They are both boys and we have a 2 year old boy already. Mrs roger are yours identical or fraternal? X

Heya,

I had a terrible Tri 1 and can't believe I managed to hid it for as long. I was sick as a dog every night and nauseous allll day. I lost almost 21 pounds and struggled to put it back on which is not so bad I guess and the midwife did continue to tell me that i had reserves so not to worry to much about my weight lol!!

Tri 2 was a little bit better I got my energy back and started to enjoy being pregnant and the arrival of my bump which turned up over night in my 19th week. I am not 26 + 3 and I am struggling to get comfy at night but have lots of pillows and my own duvet now. I have pelvic pain but doing a lot of yoga and aqua natal to keep me flexible and stretched out to avoid any major damage occurring.

I struggled with the feeling of them kicking to begin with as it made me feel a bit yucky, but I got used to it very quickly. Had my first teary episode yesterday as had a split second thought about once they were born and I wouldn't feel them inside me....cue big soppy tears!!

We also found out that even tho the babies have separate sacs and separate placentas there is still a 30% chance they could be identical as it depends when the egg splits!!

Hope you are both doing well and the bumps are getting big and beautiful xxxxxx

Yes I was also told about the 30% thing, my bump appeared very fast people were guessing at 10 weeks as it was obvious just from my bump. It is nice knowing other people with multiples though, I don't feel kicks everyday yet but I imagine it's going to be strange when there are 2 of them at it lol.

I am also struggling with being comfortable at night. Are they your first? X

I did really struggle for a while not having anyone to talk to as it seemed like my pregnancy was very different from all the singleton mummies.

Yes these are my first (and most likely last lol)

I also struggle to get to sleep as as soon as I lie down the babies think it's party time, I have had to on several occasions push down either a bottom or head from under my right rib lol.

The twins are already very different for when they are awake, they are only awake at the same time for a very short period of time during the day, so I have kicking what feels like 24hrs a day lol!!

I have started to get the oooohhh not long to go now comments from members of the public and then faces of dread when I explain I actually potentially still have 12/14 weeks to go as there are two. The main response is.....How are you possibly going to get any bigger????

I also really struggled with the word Huge.....It was banned amongst my friends xxxx

Hi ladies, I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow :) I think I'm a glutton for punishment as I've been begging for symptoms :-/ I honestly wish I'd had something for the last 13 weeks as I'd feel a bit more pregnant I guess. Just eating loads and growing rapidly :) starting to feel a bit more normal now, the doctors gave me iron replacement tablets as my level had dropped below 130. I also got a Doppler from my brother and sister in law, I managed to find the heartbeats with it so definitely feel more relaxed now :) xxx

Ooh I have a Doppler too only used it once so far, and you really don't want the symptoms lol

I have been getting the sympathetic looks for quite some time with all the size comments etc it is slight depressing constantly saying I'm not due until September but to be fair I am only 5ft2 so zero body space x

I am 5ft 4, so understand what you mean about no room. I have attached my 26 week bump pic so you can see how I am getting on so far, thank fully no sign of any stretch marks, but don't see that lasting much longer!!

I honestly don't know how my tummy is going to get any bigger!!

I have my next scan on Monday 25th April and my last one was 6 weeks ago so looking forward to seeing a big difference :-D

Attachments

• IMG-20160415-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20160415-WA0002.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 44
Weird question, do you ever get kicking like feelings in your back? Maybe kidney areas?

Here is a pic of my bump from yesterday, please ignore the hair lol also for some reason it wants to rotate my picture x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 30
Awwww, you look great!!

Today is not a good day!! I have woken up with the most uncomfortable hips, normally it eases over night but not today :-(

Just need to try and make sure I am stretching as much as possible!!

Kicks!!! I have felt them everywhere, the weirdest one is when they kick down and it feels like a foot is gonna randomly appear out my foof LOL!!!

Last edited:
Haha it's a good job I didn't have a mouthful of drink for that last sentence,

Keep mobile as much as you can that might help with the hips x

Hey Twin Mummies,

How are you getting on? I am 28 weeks tomorrow.

Had my scan on Monday and the babies are measuring bigger than average so have nice big healthy babies :)

I have attached a couple of piccies, scan pics and a bump pic from last night.

Hope you are well and your bambino's aren't giving you too much of a hard time!! xxxxxx

Attachments

• 8e83572e-7034-4b42-855a-8919b330aba1.jpg
    8e83572e-7034-4b42-855a-8919b330aba1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 25237ea3-20d2-46ac-8b6d-6be43f0e5755.jpg
    25237ea3-20d2-46ac-8b6d-6be43f0e5755.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20160428-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20160428-WA0000.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 21
Hi gorgeous multiple mamas! How are you all feeling? I'm 14+2 today! Feel like I've got years to go before they are here :-( still getting a sharp twinge in the same 2 places in my uterus, is that normal? Got my 16 week appointment on the 11th may :) hopefully she'll say all is well :) xxx

They are fab pics, I had my 20 week scan on Tuesday all healthy and they are both boys. Bump is getting bigger, people think I'm due rather soon lol.

Lilcurly you will soon be 20 weeks before you know it :) x

Great to hear from you both :-D

I had some really weird painful twinges early in my pregnancy so definitely think it is normal!!

I am the same lots of people going "Och at least you don't have long to go" and it's like....actually I am only 6 months LOL

Their faces are priceless!!

I bought a 12 foot pillow....it is a god send, I feel emotionally attached to it LOL

I can't believe I am 28 weeks tomorrow, it feels like yesterday that we were being told it was twins!!!

Ooh I had a 12 foot pillow my first pregnancy it was heaven, I did have a dream genii one this time but it was rubbish so bought a new one its just a long straight one so we shall see how that goes lol

Any idea of how you are delivering yet?

Last night I saw babies moving, my tummy was all over the place :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back