Any one else with SPD finding it difficult to.......

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
..........move around in bed, chairs, sofa etc?

I find if I sit for any length of time the pain is horrendous!

And during the night is awful! I feel like I need a hoist to help me move from one side to another!

I know as we get further along its a bit harder to move anyway but its painful to say the least!

Anyone else having this problem?

I sleep with a pillow between my knees and one in front and behind me and that helps but its like an army manouvre when I have to turn from side to side!

Happy days ehh lol xxx

I know exactly how you feel, I really struggled from 20 weeks everything was such an effort but the last few weeks have been even worse. I can't roll over in bed without waking my oh up to help me turn and getting up in the morning actually reduces me to tears. My oh has literally become my carer he has to do everything for me these days. I can't even offer any advice hun on ways to cope cos I haven't found a way yet myself! Have you spoken to your midwife? Have they been able to give you any advice? Mine was totally useless when I was diagnosed so I didn't get any help and cos she was so blas

I only started properly sufferin wiv it a few weeks ago...I have a big corner sofa and can't sit in my favourite corner seat on it cos i can't get back off without help. If I sit for longer than an hour my hips seem to stiffen up so try and spend time on my ball in the evening. And I try my v best not to move at night,I feel like a hippo tryin to get turned around lol xx

Yep. I sleep on 7 pillows.
In bed sleep on the long maternity pillow n prop urself up. Sit on it when on the sofa n part of it supporting ur back.
Luckily I have an orthapedic mattress n it's helped wonders,

The pain is getting worse the bigger I get n it's leading to sleepless nights or I wake up in agony.
Been sleeping on the extra pillows for 3 days n it's helped BIGTIME!!!!

I wish that helped me, that's made me feel really sorry for myself now lol we've got an orthopaedic mattress too and my maternity pillow used to be a god send but now its useless! I've come to the conclusion that my body was prepared for the spd to have gone by now cos I shouldve had my baby and cos I haven't my bodys decided to make things worse lol hope you girls find a remedy that really helps cos its an awful think to suffer with XX

Thanks ladies.....I never had this when preg with DD and didnt realise how painful it could be! Yeah Ive seen MW and she was really helpfull and referred me to physio so Im waiting to get a fitting for a brace...but dont think thats going to happen till the new year now!

Will try more pillows!

But yeah know what you ladies mean when you have to get helo to move during the night I have to use the quilt to pull myself up so I can turn over!

Lol xxx

That's really good that your midwife is helpful. My friend has just started physio for spd, she said it is quite painful to begin with but it really does help :) wish I'd found that out ages ago! Hopefully you won't have to suffer too much longer then, fingers crossed they see you asap XX

No Spd here , but hope you get some answers Hun , it sounds unbear able X

Thanks Lilly....just had a message from a very kind PF member who is sending me her brace....relief!!

Thanks JJ....I have to say Ive got a pretty high pain threshold and not a lot bothers me pain wise but this is very painfull and because every time I take a step or try to move its like a jolt of pain delivered it makes moving almost impossible at times! Worth it tho once little legs is here! xxx

Oh yay! That's bloody good news! Hopefully it'll all settle down now then :) x x

Indeed it is! lol Ahhh I hope so I really want to enjoy the next few weeks waiting for little legs to arrive! xxx

If u want a support belt I have a spare one from physiotherapy. It's helped big time.

Thanks Lealea one of the girls is sending me one but thank you so much for the offer.....Im due to see physio anytime for fitting but they are dragging their heels with my appt! Hopefully this will help till I get my appt and get mine fitted xxxxx

i havent been officially diagnosed with spd because i really dont want to be a difficult case if that makes sense, my midwife thinks ive got it but i just say i can cope lol. but i must say its very painful and i cant manouvre very easily at all, especially in bed, getting up, etc it is very annoying, but i dont want anything done, i can manage fine without any physio etc. x

Yes I'm fed up with it. Had it with my daughter but it's a bit worse this time.

Hope it doesnt get so bad you cant cope with it Lexi...its really nbot nice when it stops you moving full stop!

Ahhh Ive been lucky PP neve had it with DD but think Ive got double dozes this time lol! Cant believe the amount of things Ive ended up with but its def worth it to get a LO at the end of it all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back