Any of you good at fixing I-pods?

SarahH

Reaction score
PLEASE SAY YOU ARE!!!

My i-pod hasn't worked for about a year (some drunken friend dropped it!!)

Anyway, I'm sitting here determinded to fix it as I miss it sooooo much.

Whenever you plugged it in to the USB before it wouldn't do anything... today I have however managed to get it to flash the apple sign and a battery sign. I am leaving it to charge, if it will!!

However, my i-tunes on the computer isn't even picking up if there is anything plugged in! I have downloaded the newer version of i-tunes off the website and have tried to reset it but still nothing.... any suggestions!

It's an I-pod mini I have.

yeah - THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW!!!
ipods are the biggest waste of technology out there, im sure theres a chip in them to disable the player for workin more than a year!!!
mine buggered up after a year and so did half the peoples at uni!!!
get a creative zen - LOADS better!!!

Well, I have dropped it again and it seems to make clicky noices on the computer now... but still not showing as being connected!

uv buggered it then Sarah!!!!
either take it to an Apple store where ul b charged loads for them to say 'u need a new battery and the drive formatting' then itl cost abit more gettin it fixed!!

Thats the thing!!! We dont have an Apple store in Aberdeen!!

I'm not going to let this little thing beat me!!!! Haha!

keep your finger on the middle button and the top button of the clicky wheel until you see the apple sign, this could work, it is how you reset them. Alternatively go to google and type in apple ipod forum and read through some threads on different forums, someone is bound to have had this problem and you can see what they did to fix it xxx

missac said:
keep your finger on the middle button and the top button of the clicky wheel until you see the apple sign, this could work, it is how you reset them. Alternatively go to google and type in apple ipod forum and read through some threads on different forums, someone is bound to have had this problem and you can see what they did to fix it xxx

I tried that!! I have actually taken the cover off the ipod now and am trying to find a battery on the internet!

you're brave!!!!!!!!!! have you tried jumping up and down screaming, thats what I do when things break!!!

I took the back off mine, fiddled with the ribbon inside (near the battery) and then it worked again.

the trouble with things like ipods are that there so tiny that there hard to fix and theres loads of people that will over charge you because they can!

missac said:
you're brave!!!!!!!!!! have you tried jumping up and down screaming, thats what I do when things break!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: tryin to imagine u doin that with ur bump missac!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: You're right MK, I don't think I could manage that at the moment, Teej might drop out, it would be a bit like bungee jumping for him!!!!!!

Melanie said:
I took the back off mine, fiddled with the ribbon inside (near the battery) and then it worked again.

Mine is the mini ipod, so there isnt a back to it!! You have to take the top and bottom off and unscrew the circuit board thingy!
I've ordered a battery, and also ordered a new MP-3 if it dont work and if it does the new one can be a birthday pressie to hubby!! lol

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
now that would be an eventful entrance to the world!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back