any ideas what it could be?

roxane 1985

Reaction score
has anyone else had this?

my lo is 6 weeks old and for the last 4 weeks had been very unsettled crying well actually screaming alot.

after seeing docs and a paramedic they suspected it maybe colic along with acid reflux.

he seems too be cal then all of a sudden really starts screaming,when i feed him his bottle he starts shaking his head and making noises like he is gasping for a breath,he will spit the bottle out and start screaming. he has been very unsettled with feeding routine and wakes himself up alor

he has been on gripe water and gaviscon and that has settled him down, but today he has hardly slept again,been really grumy and although feeding,keeps spitting his bottle out every few sips and then starts crying

hi hun,as soon as i started readin i instantly thought colic,my first son had it horrendously and was prescribed allsorts but nothin worked,then i bought dentinox colic drops it worked instantly...was brilliant,its in a green and white box and it smells kinda minty.and the feedin hun where he seems to be gaspin for breath and spittin it back out sounds like the milk flow might be too fast,maybe try the slowest flow teats u can find,hope this is abit of a help 4 u hun xxx

also another classic sign of colic is the baby pullin its knees up towards their chest when their screamin.hope u manage to settle the poor wee man.its so upsettin 4 u when u feel like u cant do anything to settle them.xxx

Does sound like reflux hunny, poor LO. Could you go back to the docs to see if they could prescribe something else x x

Does sound like reflux hunny, poor LO. Could you go back to the docs to see if they could prescribe something else x x

yh it does doesnt it, i think i will see how today goes if he gets bad again i will go back, he hasalready had 60 sachets of the stuff plus gripe water :(

ps congrats on your lo not been on here ages so only just see youve had her xx

yh it does doesnt it, i think i will see how today goes if he gets bad again i will go back, he hasalready had 60 sachets of the stuff plus gripe water :(

Thanks hunny :)

How is your LO today? Hope hes alot better x x

if the dentinox doesnt work then try colief its expensive so see if you can get it on prescription first good luck hun xxx

sounds like what we went through. We battled it for weeks... never quite got to the bottom of it. Somedays he would do it on every bottle, some days were better and it was just the odd one. He was diagnosed with acid reflux and had gaviscon in all his bottles. It stopped working eventually and I was never confident that was what the problem was. We changed the temp of his milk, bought new easier flow bottles but nothing helped. He eventually grew out of it after he was in hospital with a kidney infection. It seemed to throw him out of the 'phase' he was in and he hasnt looked back since. Sorry that probably is not going to help you at all, but just wanted to tell you our story! I feel your pain, its soooo frustrating. xx

sounds like what we went through. We battled it for weeks... never quite got to the bottom of it. Somedays he would do it on every bottle, some days were better and it was just the odd one. He was diagnosed with acid reflux and had gaviscon in all his bottles. It stopped working eventually and I was never confident that was what the problem was. We changed the temp of his milk, bought new easier flow bottles but nothing helped. He eventually grew out of it after he was in hospital with a kidney infection. It seemed to throw him out of the 'phase' he was in and he hasnt looked back since. Sorry that probably is not going to help you at all, but just wanted to tell you our story! I feel your pain, its soooo frustrating. xx

yh thats what he was diagnosed with, i may have to go back as since he has come off it he has started to go grumpy again. how old was your little one when he finally got better from it.. mine is now constipated so crying alot and has gone back to being unsettled at night xx

Thanks hunny :)

How is your LO today? Hope hes alot better x x

he is flamming constipated now, tried giving him luke warm water to sip but not really helped, he has been very grumpy and getting unsettled again. got my 6wk check up thurs so will wait till then to see doc xx

have u tried changing the baby formula u are using .. maybe its not agreeing with him so could be worth trying something else to see if that helps.hope he gets better soon xx

have u tried changing the baby formula u are using .. maybe its not agreeing with him so could be worth trying something else to see if that helps.hope he gets better soon xx

yh turns out he needs soya milk and has acid reflux, been on gaviscon for about4 weeks now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back